• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TRX-4 Bronco First Mods

shimian

Looking to start throwing some mods on my TRX4 Bronco. I am thinking of the following

• Portal Weights - Leaning towards SSD, anything else recommended? I see a huge variance in weight of some of the cheaper eBay brass.

• Tires - Stock

• Foams - Lil Nova Dual Stage Comp Cut Inner (Soft - Front, Medium - Rear). I plan to bake the wheels to split the factory glue

• Steering Servo - looking at either a DS3218 or PowerHD 20kg. I don't yet want to get into a BEC and any of that.
I read a few past posts here that suggested the Lil Nova 4.5 were a better fit for the stock Canyon Trail 1.9 tires, but am open to suggestions. Anything else glaring as a must have other than some drive time?

Since you plan to keep the stock tires, not sure those beadlocks you linked to on Amazon will work.
Traxxas tires have pretty thick beads, and some aftermarket wheels with an inner ring like the ones you linked to can make it difficult to mount those tires to. Been there, done that... :(

That was a worry of mine. I was reading that proline and traxxas have a similar bead so if one fit the other would but I’m not entirely sure if that’s accurate.

There are so many various 1.9 parts it’s hard to figure out what’s what.

Just installed some Samix brass front portal covers, really high quality parts and pretty happy with them, not sure how they compare weightwise to SSD but maybe worth a look.

Back