• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

trail stomper truck

scx10crawler

i wanted to make a sort of scale mudding truck out of the trail stomper. was wondering is i softened the leafs and new motor, would it be "durable" obviously not indestructible but could handle most of the abuse. also what motor would be a high speed but have a good amount of torque for the mud, looking for something under about $40

maxresdefault.jpg

almost exactly like that ^^^^^

IMO with the stock trans, its geared so low. IDK if its possible to make it go any faster. Even with a low turn motor your giving up a lot of torque. I went from the stock axles to Wheelie King axles, ditched the stock trans for an axial ax10. Think its running 54 spur and 11 pinion (32 pitch) its still really slow even on 8.4v nimh or 7.2 2s. The stock outcry esc wont handle low turn motors. Ive been moding my stomper for over a year now and its a little faster then stock, but not much. Here my truck if you want to take a look. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/maine/482435-my-modified-rc4wd-trail-stomper.html

Also with more power, with the softer leafs. The leafs turn into an s shape with the torque twist.

alright thanks yeah still not sure what thruck i want to use. do you have any other ideas of what truck with do good stock with little upgrades here and there?

Back