• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Toyota Hilux JAPAN ZERO

FREEDOM83

Rock Crawler
I have been able to buy a Hilux body that was from the same owner as the YJ, and since I have something else on the way home, I have not taken a Modelex chassis for this one, but rather one with leaf springs, a trailfinder of course hehehehehe I will put that on As always I thought and I will remove what I don't like and what's left over hehehehe

This is the car that has arrived

And here we have the sister bodysuit of the YJ

And without great efforts, just as I had planned, the axles above the leaf springs but turned around, not as I had them, I removed the two-speed box and the transfer with that protruding belly and I put in an hpi with a central transfer in the purest rcmodelex style , all the weight will be lower and the flat belly should come as standard with this car, 2300 combo and mob servo

And here with his brother ready for action

Nice looking truck. I like the transmission change, looks like it drops the motor down low.

I like the style of the body. Looks like a daily driver.

Nice change with the transmission and getting rid of the transfer case. This change alone probably greatly increased the capability of the TF2.

I like the style of the body. Looks like a daily driver.

Nice change with the transmission and getting rid of the transfer case. This change alone probably greatly increased the capability of the TF2.

yes i think the same , or mount a&m skid plate or any change , now too low , waiting for 70mm shocks but thats is actual height 8)

Another good looking truck! I like the look and the low stance that it has!"thumbsup"

Going to make some changes to the Hilux, I have never liked or been convinced by the Yota axles, much less the 1, so seeing that they are not sold, let's see how they turn out.

It will go with tires with less offset and 108 tires, not 100 tires with the new height, but there are adjusting everything...

I already have the first sheet metal support made, I have made this the first one since with the differential it was the most complicated and demanding in terms of measurements, now I will make a mirror for the right side so that I can mark the height and I will make the rear ones in metal I made them first in nylon to see how it looked and to do tests with the tread width, so that it wouldn't look like the photos, of course.

In the end it will go with links at the front and leaf springs at the back, I will be able to have a lower height, so it will also stay with the 100mm wheels

I have finally managed to adjust it at the front... in the end 100 tires hehehehe, let's see if in the next few days I finish with the rear part and put the winch on the bumper, in addition to probably putting some smaller headlights on the bumper

Back