• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Touching up paint on lexan?

Goro Majima

Rock Crawler
Subscribed Member
Specifically, I want to add paint to an area on an already painted lexan body. I found the same Tamiya paint in a small bottle but it's a lacquer. Even though it says color hue may vary, has anyone touched up their bodies before with the same paint code but from the bottle? Anyone have any examples?

The area I need to add paint is not in the best position for spraying, but will have to attempt that method if the color matching isn't close enough to my desire. But I'm seeing if anyone has any examples before I can check for myself under a scrap piece of lexan and hit the LHS for the paint also. Thanks y'all.

Depending on the size of the area you're trying to do, you can spray some of the original paint into a small disposable container (or aluminum foil) and paint it with a brush. I'm assuming you're painting the inside of the lexan, so the brush marks won't even show.

Back in the day, way back...I've seen lexan bodies that were painted, entirely with a brush on the inside, and they looked good. I wouldn't recommend this with metallics or pearls though, because they can look blotchy sometimes.

Hope this helps... "thumbsup"

Depending on the size of the area you're trying to do, you can spray some of the original paint into a small disposable container (or aluminum foil) and paint it with a brush. I'm assuming you're painting the inside of the lexan, so the brush marks won't even show.

Back in the day, way back...I've seen lexan bodies that were painted, entirely with a brush on the inside, and they looked good. I wouldn't recommend this with metallics or pearls though, because they can look blotchy sometimes.

Hope this helps... "thumbsup"
I appreciate it!

I may try that trick. The area is in the corner taillight area and the taillight line in the mold is further than it should be so I want to add paint there and still utilize the taillight decal but shortened. But also I glued some light buckets in so I may cut the unglued part off so I can access the area.

Back