• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TODBLDZ T1E XR10 moonbuggy

TODBLDZ

Quarry Creeper
well my rig is built and running but i figured i would post up the process since all the cool kids got a build thread. this is my first MOA rig. been running an ax10 for a few years now and glad axial made the xr10. i just couldnt bring myself to join "the darkside" and build a berg. :mrgreen:

parts list:
Axial XR10 kit
T1E chassis
Integy 45t motors
Tekin FXR
Castle BEC
Punk dig
Hitec 7950 servo
Spektrum SR300 rx
Duratrax shocks (rear)
RPM dual stage pistons
LOSI gold springs (x2)
Traxxas big bores (front changed from duratrax)
Team Associated springs (blue)
VP bronze bushing kit
1" SLWs .350 hubs front .475 hubs rear
Sedonas
Nova's foams (uncut)
Robinson Racing pinions (13t front, 12t rear)

parts coming this week:
VP knuckles
Vp chubs
straight steering link (being fabbed)

parts
100_2728.jpg

100_2733.jpg

wheels (will be running these after xmas)
100_2748.jpg

chassis
100_2751.jpg

100_2753.jpg

roller stage
100_2764.jpg

100_2766.jpg

100_2767.jpg

wired and skinned
100_2773.jpg

100_2776.jpg

painted and changed to big bores
100_2784.jpg

100_2785.jpg

ready to run
100_2792.jpg

100_2788.jpg

100_2789.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great, tell me about you shocks. Specifally the springs

the fronts are traxxas big bore xl's #2661. the spings are some team associated blue springs (not sure of the spring rate on those) i picked up to test fit the big bores. i also have some losi mini t springs i plan on trying.

the rears are the 3.5" duratrax shocks with the rod end mod. RPM dual rate pistons (green) and the 3.5" losi gold springs. had these all the way around but the sedonas were getting all in the shocks so i went to the big bores for now.

One quick question, why did you go with the RPM pistons when the kit comes with some adjustable pistons?

Looks good Todd. Think the XR10 Moonbuggies are gonna take over at the NC comps. :mrgreen: Our numbers keep growing.

One quick question, why did you go with the RPM pistons when the kit comes with some adjustable pistons?

the duratrax shocks with rpm pistons work so great on my moonbuggy shafty that i wanted to run them on this rig as well. in trying to keep my rig narrow as possible i had to switch to the big bores in the front for now.

Looks good Todd. Think the XR10 Moonbuggies are gonna take over at the NC comps. :mrgreen: Our numbers keep growing.

yeah and they will all be running the same parts. only differences will be drivers and either a 4pk twin esc set up or a dx3 and punk dig set up. should make this years national series pretty interesting. :mrgreen:

I will second that "thumbsup""thumbsup" Looks good man can't wait to see it at a comp

thanks man. im sure you will see it soon. looks like january is going to be the month for comps in SC.

got some goodies in the mail from vp today.

120900_1917001.jpg

chubs. knuckles, and some knuckles for my sons ax10.

also got a straight steering link but its got my steering all out of wack. hope i can get it straightened out before saturday or i just wont have much steering during the comp.

Last edited:
UPDATE

i havent really been messing with this over the past few months but took it to the 1st SCRCC comp saturday(which motivated me to get back on the xr) and it drove like a dream.

i changed my straight front upper links to the stock xr10 bent uppers and swapped from the duratrax shocks to big bores fitted with mini-t springs. the semi-droop set up kept the rig low and very stable.

been having issues with my roll over capabilities so after some advice from rockshow (thank you sir) i came home and swapped the 45t's out to some 35t tekins. then added a small cross brace between the front of the chassis where the battery tray mounts. easily rights itself from the roof now.

more upgrades to come im sure. :mrgreen:

axial gears and shaft upgrades and possibly a 4pl twin esc set up

DSC_7345.jpg

Last edited:
Looked like worked great to me Todd.

thanks micheal. it does work very well. im just doing some fine tuning on it now. i would like to upgrade the shafts and final drive gears tho. going to do some more research on the twin esc set up before i drop the coin for it.

Back