• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Tires for wraith?

Nemo

Best tires for good axle height and nice grip for crawling?"thumbsup"

depends on the terrain you're going to be going over...way to many variables to say that any specific tire is the best for anything. most people gravitate toward pitbull rock beast II and super swamper TSL or Irok with Crawler innovations foams... Foams play as big, if not bigger part in getting and keeping traction...along with the compound of the tires themselves

huh.. well im on mostly very dry dirt and rock because i live in utah. so i usually cant get traction on hills as the dirt just slips away. and on on the rock usually the stock ripsaws can handle it but when it gets slick they just spin...
The rock beast do look really bad ass. do you want more of a squishy tire for crawling or more of a stiff tire?

Last edited:
x2ss compound baja claws or boggers. They are both 5.75 and have done everything I've asked of them.

I like my Baja claw radials .in dirt and rock .Pitbull 2s are a great tire also.the claws are tall.

The baja claws look great but it says online they are about 4.2" tall which is okay but not as massive as the stock ripsaws.. but then again maybe i dont need 5.5" tires. and the wraith is still tall even after being lowered a little. hmmm but the pitbulls look nice aswell ahhhh so many choices.. well which would stick to rock better and the super swampers look good but i guess it comes down to which can stick to a rock better and hold traction on loose dirt the best.

Last edited:
The baja claws look great but it says online they are about 4.2" tall which is okay but not as massive as the stock ripsaws.. but then again maybe i dont need 5.5" tires. and the wraith is still tall even after being lowered a little. hmmm but the pitbulls look nice aswell ahhhh so many choices.. well which would stick to rock better and the super swampers look good but i guess it comes down to which can stick to a rock better and hold traction on loose dirt the best.

Rc4wd lists the TTC Baja claws at 5.7" and the radial Baja claws at 5.84".

The TTC baja claws are 5.75". IMO a lowered Wraith looks great with tall skinny(ish) tires. They have worked great for me, dirt/rocks wet/dry it doesn't seem to matter.

currie10_zps665bec7b.jpg

depends on the terrain you're going to be going over...way to many variables to say that any specific tire is the best for anything. ...with Crawler innovations foams... Foams play as big, if not bigger part in getting and keeping traction...along with the compound of the tires themselves

CI foams with Axial Ripsaws are great combo and size. Lot's of traction ime. "thumbsup"

The TTC baja claws are 5.75". IMO a lowered Wraith looks great with tall skinny(ish) tires. They have worked great for me, dirt/rocks wet/dry it doesn't seem to matter.

currie10_zps665bec7b.jpg

Agreed and that is badass looking. "thumbsup"

currie10_zps665bec7b.jpg

yeah i have to agree a lowered wraith does look great. just like that one in the picture, you've got a nice one."thumbsup"
how did you lower yours? with just a lowering kit? i flipped my shock mounts and it lowered a little but i still have as much suspension which i like.
are you using scx10 shocks or are they stock wraith shocks?

Last edited:
I wasn't going to derail the thread but since you're the OP what the hell.

I flipped the rear upper shock mounts. Using Traxxas Big bore shocks meant for a T/E Maxx.. I think they are 3.5". The rears are running stiff (traxxas red springs) and the fronts are very soft (Losi white springs). I also used shorter rod ends on the shocks for that last little bit that I wanted. Ride height just happened to level out perfect with rear shocks out all the way, and the front settles with a partial droop, about mid way through shock travel. Crawls fantastic. It's more fun than my old comp ax10 ever was.

This is a better pic showing the stance.

12_zpsc6577136.jpg

hmm.. i might try out your suspension set up. thats right around the height im looking for on my wraith.. thanks!

i love my ttc baja claws on my wraith, i thought my boggers were good but these are 10 times better.

ive decided on the TTC baja claws will be ordering them tommorow along with some STRC steering arms, cc bec, and a new savox servo. :)

Comp tires?

Have any of you guys that love the TTC claws or pitbull II tried your setup with comp tires like shaved and sipped rovers or other xr10 comp type tires?

If so which performs better on a wraith ?

Thanks
Jon

I took my wraith out on its first outing and used shaved rovers and it kicked ass. The locals who went out told me I was a "cheater" because I brought comp tires....

It worked great, I could care less about scale. I just want my wraith to perform.

Back