• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Tire-Shock Clearance

BJoe

I wanna be Dave
Ok, I ordered a set of Hyrax 2.2’s and 2 Stage crawler foams for my Losi Comp and Night Crawler and they’re freaking huge compared to the Comp Claws I put on the LCC a decade+ ago and original Rock Claws for the LNC. Problem I have have is that the tires are grabbing the shocks and springs on both rigs. I can flip the upper shock loops so they’re closer to the chassis, but still have clearance issues. The trucks still have their stock 6mm thick aluminum and plastic hexes and the factory rims on the LCC are starting to crack where the beadlock plates thread into (haven’t checked the LNC’s wheels yet) but still take the screws for now, but both have the aluminum 20 degree castors.

Think I can get away with a set of 8mm thick brass hexes for now or should I start looking for new wheels with a deeper offset instead?

Here’s the hexes I was looking at or something similar.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/samix-...x-adapter-4-8mm-offset-samscx2-4063-8/p871726

Thanks

Looks like tire rub wasn’t the issue I expected it to be, but nay still look at least for the brass hexes and new wheels are going to be mandatory at some point.

Perfect reason/opportunity to switch to 6 bolt/slw style wheels so you can fine tune your track width using interchangeable hubs without having to buy new wheels everytime. You can get aluminum beadlocks that use slw/6 bolt hubs for around $40 a set these days. I'm also a big fan of Crawler Innovations' 6 Bolt wheels that are plastic glue ons. Cheap. Light. Durable. I just ordered a set of their recently released orange wheels a few days ago: https://crawlerinnovations.com/2-2-1-width-orange-6-bolt-wheel-pair/

I want to say that I landed on .725" equivalent hubs (using $10 chinese hubs that use 3mm hardware instead of real Vanquish SLW hubs that use 4-40 hardware) to get 2.2" Hyraxes to "clear" on my good friends LNC (I throw parts his way whenever I can to keep him interested and keep his Night Crawler reasonably competitive.) It's pretty wide now, but the added track width has proven to help more than hurt... it's still slightly narrower than your typical AR60 axle'd rig anyway.

edit: I think the hubs I used were size "D" as seen here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-Alloy...624231?hash=item5b52598c27:g:bDYAAOSwckVcTCh5

Thanks, I’ll keep those in mind then.

Looks like I may need to trim The body a bit up front before I finish painting it too, this looks ridiculous with these huge tires on it:ror:

Back