• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Tire/Foam/Wheel Setups

Krawler23

Rock Crawler
What's a good tire/foam/rim setup? I know there's pin tires and then more lug tires. Does one perform better than the other? If so, what're the conditions to do so?

I know proline has good tires and the Proline acing Ibex Ultra Comp 2.2" Predator (Super Soft) look really good.

I have an Axial XR10 (discontinued), but I'm probably going to sell it and get a Bully 2 so I'm looking to get some foams as well. I know Crawler Innovations is the go-to it seems. Softer dual stage on the front and a firmer single stage on the rear seems like the most popular. However, I've been out of the hobby a while so I'm only remembering from way back then. What's a good foam setup in correlation with the tires?

Lastly, are the stock Bully rims good? If I get one used that doesn't have wheels I wanted to see if it was worth getting those or if I should be looking elsewhere?

Thanks!

I'm in the process of testing 3D printed anti-foams in mine (Bully tires). They have been working great the couple of times I've been out. I picked up the .stl file on https://cults3d.com/en

If you have access to a 3D printer, it's worth trying out.

Back