• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

tire foam choice?

Spence

Pebble Pounder
Hi guys, I was simply just curious what foams you guys run.. I'm running hyrax, and I'm adding a fair bit of brass (so far I've added brass c hubs, and brass outer portal boxes) I just ordered a set of brass sorta patty things that bolt onto the hubs of my chanquish beadlocks...

makes me angry that the hyrax are like $68 but don't come with great foams...

There are so many foams, but I just can't decide.. I was at one point going to 3d print my own rubber foams kinda cloning the 2 brothers anti foams, but I'm aware as I'm adding weight, eventually the sidewalls are gonna fold and such..

I'm really stopping at the wheel / patty hub weights.. Also crawler innovations, not a fan of the proline foams really.

Thanks
-Spence

This is one of the many reasons I don't buy ProLine. Easily $100+ to put together a set of ProLines that work well. For tires that don't come with good foams, I like Crazy Crawler as they're relatively inexpensive (especially compared to things like ProLine or worse, Anti-Foams) and you can get a set pretty well tailored to the weight of your vehicle and the specs of your tire. I'm running them in some Duratrax Showdowns, and they're excellent.

For most rigs I just buy JConcepts or Pitbull. They come with very good foams and I don't have to mess with them.

In my short experience with crawlers, I've used many different types and materials. Even experimented with hair donuts! I ended up with the Crawler Inovvations Deuce Wild for my heavy Defender and Pro-Line Dual Stage for the lighter Merc Rig, which I found at a sale.

I think it's a trial and error issue, to see what fits your needs best.

i run a smaller tire inside the outertire i like the performance its feels alot like the single stage close cell foams when driving it the up side is they dont get flat spots down side is there heavy but that not realy a bad thing on a scaler
it used to be a vary cheap option before "lets go brandon" lowered the value of the doller to compete with china

Dont overthink it.

Most peoples rule of thumb If your rig's tires run flat on level ground, get heavier foams. I personally like my tires to conform more than the average person, but you may not. If you see fit for harder foams, grab them. If you don't, spend it elsewhere. I havent bought 1 set of foams because I see no need.

Veterans deserve a whole month too...

I have been happy with Proline foams in my G8 Hyrax. Mine weigh 7.5lbs or less.

I just got some Trencher predators and right now they have the stock foams. They are in a rig about 6lbs. They sit the way I like but roll up too easy when climbing or working hard for traction.

So am also on the hunt for foams. I plan on running the predator Trenchers in a rig that is about 5lbs 10 ounces.

You can ask Crawler innovations for a recommendation based on your rig and tires.

I went to their site and they don't take into account the compound of the tire, just he weight of the RC. They do offer a lot of insight and information though. For me enough to make me even more confused.

Proline dualstage foams with hyrax g8 in my 9lb sport. Super support from the inner stage at all angles. Without trying other options other than the stock canyon trails and foams, I will say these are an expensive but satisfying upgrade.

I got some crazy crawlers of my 5lb 10 setup on Trencher predator. I got the Heavy duty ones which are stated to be for a heavier vehicle but they seem to be doing really well. They give enough for traction but do not fold over for side hill.

I did order some for my 2.2s and for my 1.9 small tires. They both have G8 compound. I ordered the basics for my 1.9 small tire, it is a 6lb truck. I ordered the smallest 2.2 for my 2.2 because it has smaller tires 5.0" tires. It is a 7lb 8 0unce truck. They only had the Heavy duty avaialbe for the 2.2s.

Back