• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

JatoTheRipper

Staff member
I am looking to get tires for my TRX-4M K10 High Trail around 62mm OD and there are a lot of brands out there that I am unfamiliar with. Some of those brands are listed below. I typically prefer Proline compounds, but they do not make a tire large enough for my application. The same applies to some of the other brands. Which company offers your favorite rubber compound in a tire around 62mm and why is this your favorite compound?

Axial
Boom Racing
HobbySoul
Injora (N1, S2, S3, S4, S5)
JConcepts
Little Guy Racing Parts
Nexx Racing
PowerHobby
Proline
RC4WD (I am usually not a fan of their compounds)
Traxxas

I don't have much experience with any of the brands listed using the tiny tire sizes, but I do have the HobbySoul tires on my TRX4m Bronco.

The tires are nice and soft and the one time that I had them out on real rocks they did really good. I do plan on buying more of these in the future probably in a different tread design to try out.

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_3192.jpg

I don't have much experience with any of the brands listed using the tiny tire sizes, but I do have the HobbySoul tires on my TRX4m Bronco.

The tires are nice and soft and the one time that I had them out on real rocks they did really good. I do plan on buying more of these in the future probably in a different tread design to try out.

Good to know about HobbySoul. The ones you have look great. They remind me of TSL Super Swampers, but probably much too small for the K10 High Trail.

I will back up B-Mow71 on these. I have the Hobbysoul all terrains and the mud terrains. I prefer the mud terrains out of the two but both works extremely well. Also for the price point, getting tires with adjustable offset wheels for under $40 is a damn good buy.

I will back up B-Mow71 on these. I have the Hobbysoul all terrains and the mud terrains. I prefer the mud terrains out of the two but both works extremely well. Also for the price point, getting tires with adjustable offset wheels for under $40 is a damn good buy.

Thank you. I may have to get a set and compare them to my Powerhobby MudBoss tires. I am please with that compound so far, but have not had it out on the rocks. It is softer than the stock Traxxas rubber though.

Just letting you know Little Guy racing is having a sale right now on tires. 3 sets for $40. Comes out to be about $13.33 a set. I may or may not have caved and spent money......

Just letting you know Little Guy racing is having a sale right now on tires. 3 sets for $40. Comes out to be about $13.33 a set. I may or may not have caved and spent money......

Awesome! Thank you for the info. The only thing I don't like about LGRC so far is that the customer is nonexistent on Facebook. He has messages turned on, but doesn't respond.

Where are you seeing the sale? I just checked and the prices seem to be standard.

Last edited:
I got an email about it. you have to put 3 sets of tires in your cart and it automatically updates the price. its 3 sets for $40. This sale is going on till the 10th.

Just to update on this I got the tires in from Little Guy racing. trenchers, swamp kings, and the new black label. All of them so far feel nice and look good but the black labels are going to be where its at. probably the grippiest tire i have ran and have a super scale look to them as well. Make sure to run some dual stage or semi firm foams as they are SOFT.

Back