• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

tips to make it tip over less?

rod-211

Pebble Pounder
I love my scx10 just wanted to know if you guys have any tips or tricks to make it tip over less. It has the stock shocks I removed the rubber thing to make it flex more but I still think the suspension is a little stiff. So far I have put weight in the wheels, 3ounces in the front and 2 in the back wheels, I also put OD gears in the front and UD in the real axle and it climbs like a goat but turn the wheel and its on its side. Would switching to lipo batteries make the CG lower? What about softer springs? Would that help? Any tips would be apreciated. Thanks

I agree, add weight get the COG low and slow down. They are called crawlers for a reason. :). Lipos are a good way to get the weight low. Try posting pics of your set up and folks can comment.

Wes

weighted wheels, vented wheels, Slow down"thumbsup"
I was thinking of venting the wheels but I also drive it thru water sometimes so I don't know if that would mess up the foam or make the wheels act different when they are full of water.

remove the short springs from the shocks. leave the long ones. (droop setup)
and add 1 more oz to each wheel.
Cool I didn't think of removing the short springs. I'm gonna try it thanks"thumbsup"

A small lipo battery makes a huge difference if you're currently using a NiMH stick pack. By removing the battery cradle and tucking the battery down low in the chassis will improve the center of gravity a bunch.

Nintendo steer does help. FACT! :)

sounds to me like you are driving a crawler like a baja truck. slow down, or lower the entire truck, put stock car shocks on it, change the tires to low profiles so you get less sidewall action, and then drive it like you are!

im still very new at this but i put longer shocks on and small springs so its got a lot of travel before it starts to tip dont know if this will help you at all

more weight in the wheels, and try to get as much weight down low and even up front as you can. I bought the larger electronics box from radio shack and mounted on the angled part of the chassis in front of the tranny and behind the front shocks. Fits perfect there and you can also waterproof it and easily put all you electronics inside. My Honcho is basically stock and I have few rollover problems even driving fast on flat ground. I also use lipo and just velcro it right on top of the electronics box.

Thanks everyone. I'm gonna try the droop setup and adding more weight on the wheels and a few other things. Ill post an update and some pictures later or tomorow "thumbsup"

The best way to keep it from tipping over is too hold your breath and lean your body and controller the way the car isn't leaning."thumbsup"

Don't forget to twist the controller in the direction you want the truck to go. This is very funny, thanks for my daily laugh.

Wed

The best way to keep it from tipping over is too hold your breath and lean your body and controller the way the car isn't leaning."thumbsup"

Dude that's HILARIOUS. I'm sitting here picturing my Dad playing Tecmo Bowl on the Nintendo NES...leaning and turning the controller to make his guys run faster, turn quicker!! Good times!!! :lmao:

^10,000 it really works:ror: but if that doesn't fit your fancy, well the others are giving good advice but yet to say one, widen the stance..

Besides leaning really hard lol you could invent a weight transfer system to control from another channel so it will counter-balance the truck when off kilter haha but the weighted wheels/low cog is the best bet and yes just choose better lines if possible and crawl (slow down lol) unless rock racing lol

the better lines will come with experience

Filling axles with marine grease also helps. I filled them full on my Dingo (I put in half of 250 g tube). Doing this and of course wheel weights (110 g each) improved stability of the rig in great way.

Back