• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thoughts: Vanquish 1/24 Crawler?

OutLore

Pebble Pounder
This is obviously an opinion/wondering thread....

With the amount of time Josh is putting into 1/24 rigs these days, anyone think there might be a small scale rig in the Vanquish line up soon?

Of course this could just be that he just realized he enjoyed them too, but I can't help but wonder if there might be something on the horizon.

I’m not much of a fan of 1/24 stuff just yet, but I did get an Axial AX24 and put some mods into it and really like it. Nonetheless, I’d absolutely be interested in one by Vanquish, but it would have to be REALLY impressive because damn the newest one from Furitek is out of bounds!

I’ll bet Vanquish doesn’t make a micro or mini. Those scales don’t have staying power. They become popular and then go away just as quickly.

1/24 will be popular in the winter. Cause some places will freeze ur arse off outside and ur fingers. My bro bought 1 for me 2 yrs ago. Ran it 1 time. Just traded it off to the new owner. I'll stick with 1/10 and 1/6 crawlers. Don't get me wrong they are cool but as I get older those tiny screws just don't work with my hands and myb my eyes to.

I’d take on in an 18th, give the trx4m a run for it’s money, it it was competitively priced.

Agreed. 1/18th scale is a bettter compromise than 1/24th scale. I'd say there's a reason most people building SCX24s make them larger than stock.

I'd also agree that the TRX-4M is price fairly especially for the Bronco and Defender. The High Trail prices are jacked up a bit and I think that is partly due to the price gouging on the body. $50/$60 (unpainted K10/F-150), $70 for the painted K10 and $80 for the F-150 is crazy for what is essentially less plastic than a 1/24th scale plastic model kit and those run about $30 these days.

I really cant get into 1/24. I thought the comps looked fun so I bought most of the stuff to build a 1/24 comp rig but lost interest before I started the build. Maybe its just because I've never driven a 1/24 that didnt suck.

Pretty sure that will be their next release."thumbsup"

Nah. Josh said it is the year of the buggy so thats what I expect to be the next release. Hopefully it will be a kit.

Jim keeps goin n he'll have the ripper 2 ready for reveal in a few months

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

I really cant get into 1/24. I thought the comps looked fun so I bought most of the stuff to build a 1/24 comp rig but lost interest before I started the build. Maybe its just because I've never driven a 1/24 that didnt suck.

That's why the TRX-4M is better. The slightly larger 1/18th scale makes it more capable and more fun IMO.

Jim keeps goin n he'll have the ripper 2 ready for reveal in a few months

Yes, a new Ripper. Whatever scale they decide to do it in, this idea just seems so obvious to me. Do the whole cage in plastic this time to keep the price down and preserve the rarity of the original Rippers. Update the drivetrain with a current Vanquish transmission. Boom.

Yes, a new Ripper. Whatever scale they decide to do it in, this idea just seems so obvious to me. Do the whole cage in plastic this time to keep the price down and preserve the rarity of the original Rippers. Update the drivetrain with a current Vanquish transmission. Boom.

Interesting thought. Vanquish is getting away from aluminum parts on their vehicle kits and RTRs.

Theyre startin to hit the affordable level finally. Dont get me wrong, i dont mind payin a lil extra for US quality parts, but the previous kits were a bit high. A v2 of the ripper, i can see that. Using updated chassis n axles, n for the limited edition theyve come to be. But for the budget guys, why not do a plastic cage version. Even a 1/18 scale version would be nice. Id buy one for sure, even though i dont run my mini's/micro's much. The 1/24 just arent for me. Need to post mine up for sale again, but i like my trx4m. A mini ripper would be a sweet lil rig n id bet itd b a good seller as well

Theyre startin to hit the affordable level finally. Dont get me wrong, i dont mind payin a lil extra for US quality parts, but the previous kits were a bit high. A v2 of the ripper, i can see that. Using updated chassis n axles, n for the limited edition theyve come to be. But for the budget guys, why not do a plastic cage version. Even a 1/18 scale version would be nice. Id buy one for sure, even though i dont run my mini's/micro's much. The 1/24 just arent for me. Need to post mine up for sale again, but i like my trx4m. A mini ripper would be a sweet lil rig n id bet itd b a good seller as well

MEUS does mini Rippers in 1/18 and 1/24. They did 1/24 limited edition machined versions but they keep the plastic versions in stock. The aluminum versions were all bought up and flippers were selling them for 2x cost weeks later.

I'd like Vanquish to do something similar. Maybe have a one or two per customer limit for the limited versions so flippers dont buy them all up.

MEUS does mini Rippers in 1/18 and 1/24. They did 1/24 limited edition machined versions but they keep the plastic versions in stock. The aluminum versions were all bought up and flippers were selling them for 2x cost weeks later.

I'd like Vanquish to do something similar. Maybe have a one or two per customer limit for the limited versions so flippers dont buy them all up.
Ive got the 1/18 version for the trx4m
ff6f2658b7e6c7b641eec836a659a966.jpg
1afe41549b7f9c921b927349ad94e8b8.jpg
cdd17cf9bdeaaf5093da4404f35aff9d.jpg

Tuesday live stream said they have some functional Ripper 2.0s and are working on getting all the pricing and everything lined out. Sounds like they are going to be a little more expensive than last time. Hopefully I can offload some stuff at the swap meet next month so I can toss some money in the Ripper fund.

Wish i could as well, but ive got a bigger project on hand. They also mentioned a new wheel design is comin soon too

It also sounded like the next Ripper will be an entire kit instead of just a cage with panels and they will be releasing spare parts.

As for wheels, I wonder if it will be the Riots that people have been asking for. Those remind me of old school 8 holes.

Back