• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

This a good charger

MCW24

Quarry Creeper
Since it takes me two days to charge my batteries and my kids I need a charger that charges multiple batteries, is this a good charger?

AC/DC Chargers

Hitec RCD X4 AC+ 4 Channel AC/DC Charger

<TABLE class=colors_descriptionbox cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD vAlign=top width="100%"> <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD>Hitec has raised the bar on the X4 and equipped it with a built-in AC power supply. The X4 AC Plus has four-port computer controlled capability with a built-in 22 amp power supply which can be powered by standard 120 volt AC household current. Simple to use and utterly reliable, this compact charger with battery management and integral balancer features four identical and independent 50-watt power outputs, for a total output power of 200 watts. Each port of the X4 AC Plus can handle up to a 6S Lithium pack, 15 NiCd/NiMH cells or 6-12 volt lead acid batteries. Four individual balancing ports eliminate the need for a separate balancer when charging Lithium batteries. Its twin fan cooling system with an internal sensor for controlling fan speed provides the utmost in efficiency and safety. The X4 AC Plus can accept a variety of power inputs including the option of attaching it to a 12-volt car battery or a 11–15 volt (20 amp minimum) DC power supply. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD> <TD vAlign=middle background=/v/vspfiles/templates/RPP_Good/images/DBox_Border_Right.gif width=1>
clear1x1.gif
</TD></TR> <TR> <TD vAlign=bottom width=1>
DBox_Border_Left_Bottom.gif
</TD> <TD vAlign=top background=/v/vspfiles/templates/RPP_Good/images/DBox_Border_Bottom.gif width="100%">
clear1x1.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The charger is fine. I see that charger at the track a lot. I use a separate power supply with a cheaper 4 port charger from Hobbyking when I race. Or take the kids out. If you don't mind the price, get it :)

I love mine. It is really nice to be able to charge 4 different batteries at the same time.

Since it takes me two days to charge my batteries and my kids I need a charger that charges multiple batteries, is this a good charger?

AC/DC Chargers

Hitec RCD X4 AC+ 4 Channel AC/DC Charger

The X4 is a nice charger, but it may limit your capabilities. It's rated at 200 watts overall (50 each port) so depending on your packs and demands for charge rates, it may not do the job.

This video may interest you:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/koD0qUdabpw?list=PL0NzxnGa-7CGw8ldUWZv1b_qxDK9i3Uyc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

if your trying to charge 4 batteries at once, you may run into a problem. this charger is 50w per channel, if your charging 2s lipos you will be fine. but anything bigger you need a bigger charger.
its simple to figure out, just multiply peak charge voltage by charge rate to figure out if its sufficient. example; 2s lipo- 8.4v@5amp charge=42w. thats ok. 3s lipo-12.6v@5amps=62w. need a bigger charger. so if your charging demand is under 50w per channel,this is a great charger. if its more, keep shopping and make sure you get your money's worth.

it may not do the job.

need a bigger charger. so if your charging demand is under 50w per channel,this is a great charger. if its more, keep shopping and make sure you get your money's worth.

You can always turn down the current and increase battery life. Charging at anymore than 1C can decrease battery life.

Hell, I usually charge my packs at 0.5C because I'm usually in no hurry to charge them.

I have the DC version of that and I love it. I use a 350 watt continuous power supply I got on eBay for 35 bucks. That's 135 dollars total for the whole set up. I didn't know it was made as an AC model. But that's very expensive for a charger. I assume it has a switching power supply and not a resistance power supply and that's why it's so expensive. I have a 20 dollar AC charger I use in the basket of a goped that thermals charging at 50 watts because it's not a switching power supply inside.

I know this isn't the same name, but these are all the same chargers on the inside. They put Thunder, iMax, Hitec, and many other names on the skins of these chargers.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/26p-quattrob6-charger.html

I have the same power supply in the background but I didn't pay the 60 dollars they want.
26P-QuattroB6-Charger-06.jpg

Last edited:
I have had mine for over 2 years now and this has been a great charger. The fans on the power supply have only kicked on twice while charging four batteries. I have the Thunder T6. For the money, it's hard to beat.

IMO its underpowered. Just because you can charge 4 packs at a time doesnt automatically mean it will SAVE you time. A more powerful charger than can do 2 packs in parallel at 2C will charge just as fast (if not faster) than a 4 port charger that does 4 packs at 1C.

IMO, the hitec charge software is fine, but not nearly the best. What people fail to take into consideration is HOW a charger balances. Cheaper chargers use inferior balancing techniques and programming and, therefore, do take longer to fully balance charge a pack.

IMO, an Icharger 206B or 208B or a FMA Powerlab 6 with a decent converted server power supply and a paraboard will do an infinitely better job than a hitec X4.

Find a powerlab 8 and be done with it. 40 amps is all you will need.

Last edited:
Back