• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The wobbles

Siq6Six

When I bought the Sendero HD, one of the first things I did was toss a fresh set of wheels on it. When I ran it, it was a little wobbly but I figured it was just the foams needing to find their happy place inside the tire. Well last night I decided I'd try to manipulate the foams to move the process along. Flipped the truck on its lid & eased on the throttle. As the wheels spun, I saw it wasn't just the tires but the wheels are wobbling. I tossed on the rtr wheels to see if the wobble went away. It didn't. Seems I've got bent axles. I have done some light crawling, but this thing was shimmying & shaking straight out the box. I ordered a set of rear shafts, but thought I'd ask here - is this a known issue? I couldn't find info on getting beefed up shafts. Maybe the tolerances are off from the factory?

I think the Sendero came with plastic hex adapters. Take a look at those and see if they’re seated properly. Right away I picked up the FT metal hex adapters, and I haven’t noticed any wobbling. I have another with the plastic adapters and it has a bit of a wobble, too.

I'll give it look when I get back home, but I swapped out the hex to club 5 8mm brass adapters & the problem was still there.

Following this one. I’ve always got tire wobble from every Enduro I’ve owned(Trailrunner and Sendero HD) Well see if this happens with the GK kit when I decide to build it.

Parts arrived today but I'm still at work. Pulled rear axle shafts last night. One was bent pretty good & the other just slightly. I'll swap those out maybe tonight and see.

Back