• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The Red Losi!

braune

Quarry Creeper
Hello,

here I want to show you guys my LCC Sporty.
I rode it as Pro Crawler before but it wasn't that fun like a sporty...
Some Dates to it:
-35° bent lower links
-LNC Tranny with stock plastic gears and 20T pinion
-LNC shafts (they are total 20g lighter than the LCC ones)
-LCC shocks mounted "up-side-down"
-Losi red shocks in front, white in rear
-Novak Goat 3S with 18.5T Motor
-Rockamp 35C 1300mah 3S LiPo, mounted on fornt upper links
-CC BEC @7,4V
-Hitec HS-7954SH Servo
-Tekin sensorharness
-Boss Claws:twisted:
-TLR 22 rims, glued with loctite 406
-600 SLWs by VP
-silver LCC Sidewalls, made as lightweight version(10g per side lighter than the stock LCC ones)
-Overdrive in the frontaxle :evil::evil::evil:
-blue M3 Aluscrews and nuts
-Felsenfest knuckles
-20° Losi C-hubs

Total weight: 1810g

I got 9th place in the Sportsman class on the Supercrawl 2013, next year I'll be better because I'll train harder for it:flipoff:

I'm not allowed to post pics...:???:

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean by "underdrive in the rear axle"? Most of us run overdrive front and stock rear. You find something else?

For pictures, do you use an image hoster like Photobucket or ImageShack? Yours are pretty small.

What exactly do you mean by "underdrive in the rear axle"? Most of us run overdrive front and stock rear. You find something else?

For pictures, do you use an image hoster like Photobucket or ImageShack? Yours are pretty small.

-With UD I mean an old (25t) worm in rear and HD (21t) in front.
You also could call it OD for sure;-)
I call it UD because I firstly run completely HD worms and changed the rear to the old ones, so I produced an UD.

-For pictures I use Imageshack.us. Which quality should I set for uploading pictures?

When I use Imageshack it produces a list of links and I copied over the one titled "forum code". You should get a picture like this:

That's my homemade LCC carbon chassis with original aluminum sideplates at the bottom and all the upper aluminum replaced with just those carbon shock mounts.

Anyway, possibly you started with a smaller image on your computer. I always store mine at full screen size.

Last edited:
When I use Imageshack it produces a list of links and I copied over the one titled "forum code". You should get a picture like this:

That's my homemade LCC carbon chassis with original aluminum sideplates at the bottom and all the upper aluminum replaced with just those carbon shock mounts.

Anyway, possibly you started with a smaller image on your computer. I always store mine at full screen size.

Thanks for the tips"thumbsup"
Wow, that is an awesome LCC! :shock: How much clearance do you run under the skid (front and rear)?
Did you put all the electronics to the front and the battery to the rear? If yes, why?

Actually it's just a quick and dirty test mule built from left-over parts. It was just the first picture that popped up. I'm currently running a CF LCC SuDu. (A prototype done to my drawing revisions -- Nordic Designs isn't producing a Losi version yet)

As to your questions, I run 2 3/4" at the lowest point of my skids. It seems the best compromise for low CG and adequate break-over around here. I typically run the battery on a plate running forward from the rear axle, the esc on a plate running back from the servo plate and I stick the RX and bec wherever there's room since they don't weigh much. I don't really care where things wind up as long as they're low and I wind up with a 62/38 weight distribution, which seems to suit my needs.

The biggest thing you're missing on your parts list is a XR10 steering conversion. I built my own from scratch, but Pete made a limited run which I think is sold out.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axles-trannys-t-case/440063-tag-losi-axle-widening-kits.html

You could check with him on his plans to get back into it, or work up your own.

Last edited:
i've seen talk about the kits popping up all over, and trust me when i say that there are plans in the future for more runs. the only thing that i need is to fund them, they're not cheap to produce, and i'm not a fan of pre-orders when i know that i don't have parts sitting at the machine shop ready for pickup.

at the moment we're all in full chassis mode, tgreer has one proto in hand for the losi as well as the rebel moa chassis. the lowrider needs a couple tweaks and the side plate materials are going to change, but is in full on dev mode. goobs is working on a very cool design as well.

Actually it's just a quick and dirty test mule built from left-over parts. It was just the first picture that popped up. I'm currently running a CF LCC SuDu. (A prototype done to my drawing revisions -- Nordic Designs isn't producing a Losi version yet)

As to your questions, I run 2 3/4" at the lowest point of my skids. It seems the best compromise for low CG and adequate break-over around here. I typically run the battery on a plate running forward from the rear axle, the esc on a plate running back from the servo plate and I stick the RX and bec wherever there's room since they don't weigh much. I don't really care where things wind up as long as they're low and I wind up with a 62/38 weight distribution, which seems to suit my needs.

The biggest thing you're missing on your parts list is a XR10 steering conversion. I built my own from scratch, but Pete made a limited run which I think is sold out.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axles-trannys-t-case/440063-tag-losi-axle-widening-kits.html

You could check with him on his plans to get back into it, or work up your own.

Yeah, I need such a conversion kit to XR soon8)
But currently I'm out of money...:cry:
Ahh... I think dr.Frank used almost the same chassis (prototype of NCD SuDu) on his LCC Sporty (now in the hands of JokerC72).

Yeah, I need such a conversion kit to XR soon8)
But currently I'm out of money...:cry:
Ahh... I think dr.Frank used almost the same chassis (prototype of NCD SuDu) on his LCC Sporty (now in the hands of JokerC72).

Frank built a "standard" prototype...what will probably go into production. Mine was an adaptation of that with a lower profile chassis intended for shorter shocks. Frank also had XR steering. Maybe he could help you out with that when you're ready.

Like I said, it's a test mule. When I want to try something new, I build it up without disturbing my comp rig. If you want to build one, pm me. I'll give you the step by step.