• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The Jimny and the Jeep

Gula

I wanna be Dave
Subscribed Member
So i go these a while back. Drove the jeep once and it was cool, however I didnt like the military look, so that's to change soon. The Jimny ive just driven after about a year or more of it sitting on a shelf. Took both out camping with mods in mind.

The white fur ball is Bear a pyrenees mix, my baby.
Started the day out assembling these og rc4wd beadlock wheels where I took 2 sets and made one set a solid dish (white with silver cap nuts) on the jimny, the other a spoked set (black with gold hardware). These wheels came with two styles of hubs 12mm and a pin drive. I used the hex drive on the black set and the through hole for the stub axle was too small.
What ended up working out was that I had brought this ultra offset set of injora beadlocks with chit bull tires that the hub fit over the axle.

Next was to address the jerp steering, and a bunch of other things that bothered me. Moved the servo back one hole:

Chopped up the bumper

Cut short these things that stuck out

New hole

and mounted

With chassis

We went to our favorite watering hole, Sugar Pines reservoir, up in NorCal. Drug the Jimny out and there and it did great until the screw holding the servo horn to the steering rod fell out and i lost all steering. After running it, I took a few notes on what to change or upgrade. The springs are still very stiff for now, but I may add brass rings to the wheels for more "droop" also it's bouncy due to not having any shocks. I may try some 1/16 parts to make that happen.

Attachments

• 20240623_145355.jpg
    20240623_145355.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240623_154700.jpg
    20240623_154700.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240623_154216.jpg
    20240623_154216.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Back