• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Texoma RC May be closing down

BA0701

Apologies, I mistakenly posted this in the wrong forum earlier.

Hello all, apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I did not see it listed. I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Texoma RC, but he makes kits for some of the most capable 1/24 crawlers there are, to be honest I've not seen anything more capable. On top of that, Josh is a really good, helpful, and honest guy. He has a Youtube channel, which is where I came across him, and he sells his stuff on Etsy, kits that he designs and 3D prints himself. Seems he just isn't able to provide for his family through the level of orders he is currently receiving.

Josh always tries to reply to all of the comments to his YT videos, and today was no different. However, when I read his reply to my comment on today's video, I was shocked to find out he is looking to close up his shop, due to a lack of interest. I really hate to see him go, our hobby needs more hard working independent operators innovating and moving our beloved hobby forward, not less.

Anyhow, here is a link to his latest video, showing off his latest mad invention. This particular video only shows the parts included in the kit, but if you aren't familiar with Texoma RC I invite you to check out his other videos, if you dig crawling you are sure to be impressed.

https://youtu.be/1zWYjelAivQ

I found him on Youtube awhile back too, love his positive attitude and lots of outdoor crawling and some how to stuff. He does a lot for the mini/micro crawler community in the parts/kits he makes and sells plus lots of videos. Not sure why he'd close his shop, imo Youtube and anything like Etsy is usually a side gig at best, but some do turn it into a career, just depends. I've had several side gigs through the years, they took time/work, yes I made money that helped us out through hard times and helped pay for RC parts, I did not get rich. That said, I wish Josh and family the best and suggest that he somehow get the word out more as the YT algorithms are not always good, for some reason his videos did not come up as suggestions for quite awhile. :)

He's got a sweet little backyard course that some of his videos are at too.

Back