• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Tekin RSX question

avoidsthelight

Quarry Creeper
Howdy All

Got a question about the Tekin RSX ESC and its max chassis weight rating of 4lbs. Bought this esc over a year ago, I'm super busy with two kids and a wife, job and life so I am just now installing it and while tying to see why some folks run the RX8 over the RSX, I happened to be checking specs. Unfortunately this is when I noticed something I didn't notice when I decided to go with the RSX. According to Tekin it's got a max "chassis weight" of 4lbs...I weighed my crawler in my hands on my scale and realized it's a pig, so am I, hahaha. It came in at over 8 pounds :shock:. So, will I have to sell this esc at a discount even though I have never used it yet? Does anyone know why an esc would have a max chassis weight if it can clearly pull the ROC 12 3100 if motor I chose? I am worried it won't work at this weight. Please help? I already emailed Tekin but it's Sunday and I know I won't hear back from them for a couple days.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am running a wraith with damage stiffy kit, VP Currie axels, their links, their 2.2 wheels, Tekin RSX and ROC 412 3100kv, super Shafty trains with 15t 32pitch....like I said, it's close to 8lbs :oops:

Thanks for the help people
P

Back