• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Tekin Motor - weird noise

Moabman799

I have an Axial Wraith that I'm building up with a Tekin 13.5 motor and RS Pro ESC. I would like to run in sensored mode but when I do the motor produces a weird noise and is slow to start up. I take the sensor cable out of the motor and the noise goes away. I recently purchased the Tekin Hotwire cable to see if I could make any changes there to eliminate the problem, but to date all that works is removing the sensor cable connection. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

is the esc set to brushless mode? any led's flashing?

i have a similar issue where an rspro (that i got wet) has much better low end response, and will spin the motor slower, without the sensor plugged in. but like i said i got mine wet... :x

good luck with your issue.

Sounds like the sensors are defective. There is a test for sensors on the RS the 5,6,7 leds will light dimly when you turn the motor by pushing the car. If these don't light up then the ESC isn't reading the sensors. It could also be a bad sensor cable, try using another one.

Have you tried setting the ESC to be in Sensored only mode via the Hotwire?

Thanks all. I used the Hotwire plug to make sure the motor is set to brushless and sensored only. The wires match up as well. I think I need to try another cable to see if that is the problem. Thanks again!

The sensor indicator leds would tell you if the cable is bad. leds 5,6,& 7 light up very dimly when you rotate the wheels or motor, this can be done by hand.

Back