• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Tamiya CC-01 Trailing Tire Upgrade

Kertana

Hey guys, I just bought my CC-01 (FJ Cruiser) about a week ago and it's been assembled most of that time. It's come to my knowledge that the stock tires aren't really great at anything, and I want my first upgrade to be to change em out. There's just so many options and I'm new to this hobby as well so I didn't know where to look. I'm not planning to do much rock crawling, maybe a little bit, but mostly on hard packed sand and gravel. It would be nice to get different wheels as well because the stock ones don't appeal to my eyes that much. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Vaterra Slickrock TSL's are great little tires, and perfect size. Anything 100mm in diameter and lower should fit with minimal mods.

I went with 1.9 Dirt Grabbers on mine. They work fine out on the trails and have a nice stock look to them. Just needed to raise the body one hole on the posts. They should be fine on hard packed sand and gravel. If you said loose sand and mud it'd be a different story...

Tamiya CC-01 FJ Cruiser by johnny anguish, on Flickr

Rock Creepers from rc4wd fit nicely on my Unimog "thumbsup"
93P7BHM.jpg

9vRSaIp.jpg

Back