• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Suspension Setup for Towing Trailer

raiders32

Rock Stacker
I just finished building a trailer for my scx10 and when I tested it the other day. When no truck was on the trailer everything was fine. But its when I but my brother's truck on the front end on my scx10 was up in the air and the rear was sagging. So my question is how do I make the rear suspenion stiffer, but also make it soft enough for it to go trailing and rock crawl? Since i have the proline powerstroke scaler shocks, should I screw down the thing to make the spring stiffer, or should I add stiffer shock oil?

Thanks in advance!

The shock oil isn't going to make it stiffer to hold the weight. Adjusting the springs will help a little but you need a stiffer spring. There really isnt a great way to have a truck setup for towing and for rock crawling.
You could switch to a leaf spring rear and add helpers until you get the desired result.
Post pictures of the setup & trailer. Maybe the axles could be moved around on the trailer to help distribute the weight of the vehicle being towed and keep weight off the tow truck.

Ya you might have the axles too far back on the trailer which increases tongue weight. How many axles do you have on the trailer?

I have 2 axles. Im thinking of moving the axles up. I post pictures when its all done. Thanks again guys for your help!

Back