• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Super Swamper 1.9 XL and 2.2

nightcrawler48

Quarry Creeper
I'm thinking of starting a Wraith project a little bit out of the ordinary. I'm at the parts to use list stage only and I was thinking of Super Swamper 2.2s for the rear and 1.9 XLs for the front. Haven't decided if this will be 2 or 4 wheel drive yet. I have a set of 1.9 SXs on a SCX10.2 and they measure exactly the OD as listed in the specs for the tire.

The question is, can someone confirm the 2.2s are 5.40" (137mm) OD per specs and the 1.9 SXs are 4.75" (121mm) OD. I'm hoping the 1.9 XLs and the 2.2s are right on the spec OD. The reason for the question is, if I go with 4 wheel drive these tires match speed perfectly if I run standard rear gearing in the AR60 rear axle and overdrive gearing in the front axle. I'm leaning towards the Super Swampers because the 1.9s and the 2.2s have the same tread pattern.

I'm planning on mounting both size tires to 2.2 beadlocks.

If I go ahead, this Wraith will probably be used more as a parade/mantle queen than a trail/crawler.

Any information appreciated.

Last edited:
......why?

As in, why do you want to run different sized tires, especially if it going to be 4WD? Certain look you’re going for?

......why?

As in, why do you want to run different sized tires, especially if it going to be 4WD? Certain look you’re going for?

Yup, I'm going for a certain look. Maybe 2 wheel drive, maybe 4 wheel drive, haven't decided yet. I just want to make sure if I go 4 wheel drive it all works together. Tire OD is no problem if it is 2 wheel drive. Was leaning towards 2 wheel drive but got to keep my options open.

By the way, I'm using a Wraith because I have a used one I couldn't decide what to do with. Didn't have to be a Wraith but that's a way to make something out of it.

Back