• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Storage Charge How To?

NTA_Shawn

Rock Stacker
I have been reading and hearing from various people that its good to leave your lipos with a storage charge or "put them into storage mode" when you are done with them after an outing. I will be using a Dynamite Prophet Sport LiPo 35W charger. I looked at the manual and it doesn't say anything about a storage charge or how to do it.
How do I go about doing this?

Also, I heard about a balancing charge or balancing the lipo. How do I go about doing this too?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
That charger only has balance charge option so you dont have to worry about that. Unfortunately all that charger does is charge and does not have a storage charge function. Storage voltage is around 3.85v per cell so your options atm are charging full and run your rc for a bit then check voltage till you get close or watch the charge status lights. When lights are about 50% check voltage till you get close.

That charger only has balance charge option so you dont have to worry about that. Unfortunately all that charger does is charge and does not have a storage charge function. Storage voltage is around 3.85v per cell so your options atm are charging full and run your rc for a bit then check voltage till you get close or watch the charge status lights. When lights are about 50% check voltage till you get close.

Thanks!
I would check the voltage on the cells with the charging cable correct?
Sorry for being such a noob, I just don't want to foul up a $50 battery or $400 rig. The last RC I owned ran off AAs in the 1980s and I chased behind it because the remote was corded!

You can get a hitec charger in the 40 range with storage mode. I know it's not ldeal to keep spending money. However make a list of the features you want and need then find a good charger to meet you needs. I use the hitec x2 charger and it's overkill for what I need but it gives me room to grow so to speak.

There are a few chargers on hobbyking in the $25 range that will charge/discharge/balance/storage mode. I have the older accucell 6, might be a little slow at only 50w but gets the job done

Glad you checked it out. I wish he'd do a battery storage video, I may have missed it if he did.

Last edited:
I really hate to say this, be careful of cheap chargers, you may spend more than you bargain for if buying cheap. My First Lipo Charger was a $25 dollar supposed full feature Sky RC B6 charger, Well after just killing 1 battery and that charger and then re-buying a charger from Local hobby Store and another battery that $25 turned into a dead $35 Lipo for Blade 450x Heli, dead $25 knock off charger, new $35 battery and another $60 for a decent HiTech. So $25.00 ended up being actually $155 in the end. So just be careful when shopping from HobbyKing and if the price looks to good to be true it is most likely a cheap knock off.

Get a good dual-battery charger with balance-charge, discharge, and storage modes. It will cost more than you want to spend, but it costs less than replacing batteries every few months because they're puffed and unbalanced. The EDCer's motto: Buy Once, Cry Once. (they also say "Two is One and One is None", but that doesn't apply here.)

Back