• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

starting a wraith kit build

yatester

Rock Stacker
im starting a wraith build and have a few questions.....first i would love to paint my roll cage but i was wondering of the guys that have painted theirs do you find the paint scratching off a lot?.....next should i invest in bead-locks or are the wheels it comes with fine....thanks for looking and i will start posting picks when kit arrives...."thumbsup"

My cage is not painted. But I'm sure the guys who have painted theirs will just tell you prep is everything... Disassemble, rough up the surface, clean thoroughly and spray light coats and lots of coats just like any other paint job. My two cents... Nothing amazing. Use good paint. I prefer Testors as I find Tamiya paint to be watered down or something. Again, just an opinion here.

As for a first hand account of it scratching any more or less than any other plastic painted part, I can't answer that.

I used krylon, worked pretty well. Scuffed and sprayed, but it will still scratch in the obvious places, bumper and top of rear cage. But still looks way better than black.

thanks for the info.....started building last night.....for now im thinking a total black out look but who knows......
8)

IMAG0683.jpg
getting started

first kit build...wish it explained some of the images.....thank you fast eddy for your video....a real life saver...
IMAG0681.jpg

Back