• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SSD knuckle and axle compatibility HELP NEEDED

Stray

Quarry Creeper
Hello team

I have been building up my OG scx10 for a few months now.

I added the SSD D60 axles, cause they HOT (and cheeeep), but the woeful steering was not going to cut it, so I went ahead and dropped $80aud on the SSD pro steering knuckle upgrade kit thing (Pro Steering Conversion Kit for SCX10 (Silver)).

So far I have not been impressed at all.

The C Hubs have destroyed the soft plastic d60 axle screw holes, and now everything is loose and wobbly and cant be tightened. The axle shafts and universals also bind when turned which is a bit s*&T. and now with the added angle the wheels turn under the truck and the steering doesn't really work anyway.....

So all this being said, I actually like the SSD wares and use them on lots of my rigs.

I can get this (, ,(SSD00112) by SSD Diamond Front Axle) for about 60aud delivered.

Will my pro steering knuckles work with the chubs provided with this axle? and is there a Panhard link mount available for the axle? (or can my D60 one work?)

Im hoping that this axle will fix all the issues......

Thank you for your help!

Thanks I might check them out, my only concern is that the mounting holes for the tubes on the plastic D60 axle are all warped, so the tubes will move around as much as the c hubs. I also under stand it could create a clamping effect and fix them too....

Back