• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Spots close to (south) Arlington

SlidePanda

Rock Stacker
A big box of crawling goodness arrives soon. So I'm trying to find some good spots for a noob crawler. The closer to southernmost Arlington the better.

There's some rock piles under the bridge at Jones point which look interesting.. if not very picturesque.

I've not scouted Glencarlyn Park specifically for this, but with the creek it seems hopeful.

There are some trails behind Ft Scott park I've been checking out..

Anyone else have some hidden gems?

I’m such a noob I haven’t even taken the thing out of the box yet, but will be looking for a place to run it once I’ve got it ready to go. Are there any local resources to help figure out what the heck i am doing?

Resources like? Hobby shop? or places to go? or driving skills?

As far as hobby shops there's no so much close by. Whistle Stop is a little place off Quaker Lane just north of 7/King. They stock a small amount of RC stuff and can order stuff in for you, but aren't a dedicated/primarily RC hobby shop, and also just have a small footprint that they have to share amongst their various stock. But they DO have rocket engines...

As far as what you're doing, like operation/maintenance - you can get away with youtube, or here for much of it.

This help at all?

Back