• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

spektrum receiver antenna doesn't fit

cTurtle98

my friend gave me his old spektrum radio to use with my bomber. I bought the SRS4201 and put it in the receiver box. because of where the antenna comes out it got pinched against the edge of the receiver box and the antenna broke off, $50 down the drain,

any idea how to fix the receiver and or make the antenna come out opposite the servo pins so it fits in the receiver box?

Use double sided tape to stick the receiver down somewhere in the box (usually in a corner), oriented so the antenna won't get smashed. Electronics should never be allowed to bang around freely; that's how wires get cut.

I'm not familiar with the Spektrum receivers but I had a Futaba unit that I ruined the antenna on. It had a plug in antenna and the replacement cost me around $10-15. It had to be special ordered through my LHS. Perhaps yours may be similar?

Back