• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Spectrum Hobbywing Xerun problems

davis53

I have 5 crawlers with Holmes Hobbies motors and Hobbywing 1080 controllers. All have Spectrum SR515 or SR215 receivers. Everything works fine off my Spectrum DX5C transmitter.

I built a new car using a Hobbywing Xerun system, 3652 brushless motor, XR8SCT controller, Spectrum SR215 receiver, DX5C trans. The Tx and Rx paired up fine. When I try to calibrate the throttle, neutral, forward, beeps but reverse does not. Turning on the system, if you touch the throttle, it goes to 100% and stays there. Hitting reverse stops it. The steering works fine. I switched receivers to the SR515 with the exact same results. The calibration does not work for throttle. Wide open at the touch of throttle. These are receivers that came off good working cars.

I switched transmitters to a FlySKy GT3B, and FS receiver. First try everything works with the Hobbywing Xerun system, throttle and steering.

Is there a inherent problem with the DX5C and HW Xerun system? Or does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I was reading about using a BEC, does anyone think this will cure the issue? Or switch to another brand?

Last edited:
Make sure your throttle end points are set to 100 or higher for throttle and brake, and you may try reversing your throttle channel. Had to do the same with my xr10 1s and my DX5PRO

Thanks for your reply, end points are at 100%. I reversed motor and it made no difference.

According to the instructions, neutral, full throttle, and full brake. In that order. But it won't accept the full brake endpoint on the ESC. The end point is set on the Tx.

I reversed the motor direction with the Tx, and then with the motor programmer. No difference with either.

I think it is a problem with the Spectrum, because everything works with the FlySky.

I reset the DX5C Tx and the problem of full throttle still exists. My bench test unit FlySKy GT3s works fine on this Hobbywing controller and motor. I am going to buy a new Tx/Rx system for this Hobbywing setup. Anyone have any recommendation for a new brand of transmitter?

For some reason, neither my DX4S nor DX5C would communicate with my Futaba A700 servo. No matter what I did, it would only turn maybe 2/3 of the way. My cheap Radiolink has no issues at all getting along with the Futaba. I've read of a few manufacturer's saying that their products won't work with Spektrum radios with no real explantion as to why, but in my case (and it sounds like yours too) switching to a different radio solved the problem.

If you need channel mixing, you might want to give Futaba a look. If you don't need channel mixing, Radiolink 6ch tx's, or a Flysky GT5 might be a good choice for less scratch.

I have driven hundreds of miles to attend a crawl, to switch on my crawler, and have a radio glitch. I have sat on a tailgate, for hours, trying to fix the problem having people walk by to help, saying "I have the same radio at home that does the same thing." Friends are crawling and I am attempting to fix radios. I just ordered a different brand radio for all of my crawlers. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Back