• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Sorry it took so long, Castle Link for Android

robert@castle

Quarry Creeper
qwD2dMIm.png

Our B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter™ now supports Android devices! Download the Castle Link App for Android on Google Play and let the tuning begin!

Click this link for additional information about adjusting vehicle parameters via WIRELESS BLUETOOTH COMMUNICATION: B-Link Bluetooth Adapter
Please note firmware updates are not yet supported, this feature will be released soon for Android devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.caslecreations.castlelink

Now I will grab one. Thanks I’ve wanted to play around with some of the aux wire stuff and its been prohibitive to have to tear into it again to change something minor

If only you could use the coupon from the Mamba ESCs to get a B-LINK at a discount... [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top question on Facebook right now is "Will it show data logs?"

Not right now. That will be in a future update. We are still trying to figure out the best way to show that much information on a small screen and have it be useful.

To provide a little insight into future plans this is the current Roadmap:
V2.0(this version): initial release for Android
V2.1: Add ESC firmware updates to the Android App
V2.2: Merge iOS and Android apps into 1 code base and add data logs to both apps

Work will start on V2.1 soon when we confirm there isn't any major issues with V2.0. Should be a pretty quick release because most of the hard work for it is done in the iOS app, it is just a matter of porting it over to the new code base.

Heck yeah, been lookin at either the bt link n use the wifes iphone or get the usb cable n use the laptop. Glad the android app is up now. Definantly gettin the bt link. Fixin to build another crawler, but goin with the mamba monster x n hh puller pro 2700kv this time over a brushed setup. Thisll b my first sensored setup

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Excellent news, thanks for keeping at it and releasing it... "thumbsup"

Couldn't come at a better time, with all the new rigs being pushed out for the holiday shopping season!

Any plans to ever support USB OTG or just the special Bluetooth adapter? It would be much more convenient to just use a standard USB cable and OTG adapter for a smartphone for all my castle ESCs than have to buy multiple Bluetooth adapters. Transferring between multiple rigs seems to defeat the purpose of wireless.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Any plans to ever support USB OTG or just the special Bluetooth adapter? It would be much more convenient to just use a standard USB cable and OTG adapter for a smartphone for all my castle ESCs than have to buy multiple Bluetooth adapters. Transferring between multiple rigs seems to defeat the purpose of wireless.

[emoji1696]

Now all you need to do is have stock of your motors and esc's so I can buy the link and try it....

Any updates?
The ESCs have been available...
The motors on the other hand, good luck [emoji1787]

Just checked again,
Mamba X
SW4
Mamba micro X crawler

All on backorder...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I don't know where you're looking, I've had no issues getting them [emoji2369]

Fair enough,

I'm in Australia and Castle have free shipping so it's a no brainer for me.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Ok, that makes sense then.

No plans to support it at the moment, but there is no reason we couldn't add that in a future version once we work through firmware updates and data logging. We've had bad experiences with OTG in the past so we are a little shy about having customers use it with our products. We tried a competitor brand link with an OTG adapter and it managed to fry the phone's usb port. Our best guess is that the BEC back fed voltage into the phone and fried something.

Sadly, if we added support for it, it would require a specific usb device for it rather than using our current castle link devices. Our current link uses a very specific driver from our chip manufacture that is only available for desktop operating systems and will not work on mobile devices. We would also want to add quite a bit more protection to the device to prevent what happened to us.

Back