• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Soft springs for scx10 II rear

oldblue2010

Pebble Pounder
What color springs would I get for soft springs in the rear- I have stock 90mm shrings- but it's too stiff I'm already running 40wt oil and regular stock springs in front- OR do I need the softer ones up front? also 40wt in front right now

Assuming the colors are the same codes for the 10.3 shocks, the spring weights are as follows:

From softest to hardest:

Orange
Red
White
Green
Yellow

I'd buy the two closest to what you're seeking. If I have to adjust the preload ring halfway down the shock body, I go with the next weight up.

What color springs would I get for soft springs in the rear- I have stock 90mm shrings- but it's too stiff I'm already running 40wt oil and regular stock springs in front- OR do I need the softer ones up front? also 40wt in front right now

What 10.2 do you have?

I have a couple different models, and one thing I did was take the firm front springs and moved them to the rear, and the soft rear springs and moved them to the front. My best documented 10.2 is my Honcho, she still lives and gets run...

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx10-ii/593648-trail-honcho-trailing.html

Thanks for the replies I have a Deadbolt clone- It started out as an SCX!) frame then whatever parts I could scrounge- The shocks are from a stock Axial SCX10 III I think I'm gonna get the re3d ones and see how it goes-

Back