• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Smallest 1.55 Tires?

TITANIUM94010

Quarry Creeper
What are the smallest OD 1.55 tires?

The smallest I could find are the RC4WD Dirt Grabbers, which has a 76 mm OD. This is a good size for what I need, but the tread pattern isn't the best.
Maybe a small brand makes some similar sized ones?

I'm stretching them over 1.9s, so 1.7 crawler tires also work, but I couldnt find any small 1.7s either.

Thanks

RC4WD Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ 1.7"are a hair smaller than Dirt Grabbers, 74mm - but it seems they've been discontinued - they were actually for 1/14th scale semi-truck wheels.

Here's the ONLY image I could find:

image.jpg

I'm doing a search, but not having any luck except for one shop in Australia(!).

I have a set of MST Rally LTX tires coming for mounting on some retro HPI Cup 4-spoke wheels I scored on eBay - the tread is pretty nice - I ordered the tires through rcmart.com:

201512300839051a.jpg

There's also a budget set of rally tires on Amazon that look pretty grippy:

https://www.amazon.com/LAFEINA-Racing-Sponge-Insert-Rubber/dp/B075F3Y9DS/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=1%2F10th+rally+tire&qid=1626063296&sr=8-3

iu

EDIT: Sweet! Those Amazon ones have the Pirelli name on the sidewalls, I forgot all about those...

Ordered some myself!

(got a Tamiya M-08 that needs some scale love)

Last edited:
I have the thunder tiger hilux that shares its parts with the CR-12 and those tires are pretty small in diameter and width but still decent tread. Might be worth a look at price they can be had for.

Looking online they show 79.3mm tall but I would have to measure mine. I'm not sure about the more recent CR-12 Tioga tires, they look to be bigger rim and wider but not sure on height.

EDIT: Measured mine to be almost spot on a 3" 1\8th and between 15\16"-1" wide on stock rim with stock foam. Measured off the truck so with weight it would be hair shorter.

Last edited:
Boom Racing has their 1.55 Road Tracker at 3.46" tall.

Btw, I got in a set of each of the rally tires I posted earlier, the second set have really deep tread and are labeled as Austar Racing and Pirelli on their sidewalls.

They are 2 and 11/16ths inches or 69mm tall mounted on plastic 1.9 crawler wheels.

The MST tires are much more scale realistic with the tread depth and are about a millimeter shorter.

The Pirelli tires should work well off-road..."thumbsup"

Back