• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Skid Plate

If you have a 3d printer, I've got a couple designs posted on thingiverse for bomber 3gear skids. One is fully printed. The other uses aluminum side plates. I've also seen a few posts in the past of people who just drilled the mounting holes into the stock skid. I believe the transfer case bolt holes in the stock skid will match up with 2 of the 3gear mount holes. I'll see if I can find that info again.

Looks like nice designs, thanks for drawing the parts. I have a resin printer I might just give this a try.

Looks like nice designs, thanks for drawing the parts. I have a resin printer I might just give this a try.
From what I've seen, resin won't really hold up for a skid plate. You might check craftcloud3d.com if you want to have one printed from stronger material. Prices are pretty reasonable.

Found this as well for an example of drilling the bomber skid to fit the wraith trans.

I just double checked the measurements and it looks like you could actually bolt the wraith skid to the bomber cage, just with 4 screws instead of 6 like the bomber used (or 8 like the wraith). The trailing arms won't really fit right on the wraith skid, but if you wanted to convert the rear to regular links that might be a good option.

Back