• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Shorten wheelbase on Phoenix chassis?

pendulum_rc

Hi, has anyone shortened their VS4-10 Phoenix wheelbase? I was thinking of putting an RC4WD Blazer body on my straight axle kit. I have shorter links from an SCX10-2 RBK (for the 11.4" wheelbase), but not sure if they'll work, or where to get shorter driveshaft pieces. I'm assuming I can move the shock towers into the forward set of holes. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I contacted Vanquish and they have a driveshaft kit with different lengths, but it includes CVD's which I don't need and costs $50. I was hoping to find just the inner and outer plastic splined pieces in the appropriate length.

Last edited:
No need to buy anything to shorten plastic driveshafts. You can trim them down with a Dremel, hacksaw, or sharp knife for that matter.

Back