• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Shorten links

bergerone3

Hi this might be a dumb question. Thats why im here. I have a custom dodge ram body on my scx10. I want the wheel wells to line up better than they are now. Ive already bought axial aluminum links to shorten it some. Is it possible to cut the links shorter. If not im just keeping it the same i dont want to waste all that money. I wish i thought of making my own. But o well. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated. Ill post pics and hopefully video's soon. :mrgreen:

how much shorter are we talking about? a few mm's and i would say yea, hack them puppies up. you may have to shorten the set screw a bit depending on how much ya need to shorten the link itself.

how much shorter are we talking about? a few mm's and i would say yea, hack them puppies up. you may have to shorten the set screw a bit depending on how much ya need to shorten the link itself.

is 10 mm considered hacking it?

My brother shortened his aluminum dingo links for his d90 body. Give it a shot. Or make custom links its easy

What Alika said. Just make the links yourself. Buy aluminum tubes and just tap them.

Back