• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Share your ECX 1/24 Temper Micro Builds/ Mods!

distress

Rock Stacker
Since there's no Brand Specific section for the 1/24 ECX Temper Micro Crawler I posted this here.

Share your builds and mods!

Here's one of mine:
Chassis is a TCS pebble made for a Losi MCRC chopped up with a styrene roof and 35mm M2 standoffs to stabilize and space the vertical plates.

To lengthen it I used the longer bottom links as the tops and made bottom ones from rod ends and bulky M3 Rod. The best way is M2 rod with Losi Mini-T ball studs and rod ends but I didn't have any.
I extended the driveshafts but cutting them and using a piece of a bic pen.

Bottom plate is JB Welded for weight and low CG and because the little tabs tend to break. On mine I drilled through to put an M2 rod through the balls (didn't have ball studs).

Moved the shocks inward at the top for articulation (with M2.5 standoffs and screws with the ball stud screwed into the other side) because they hit otherwise on a stock Temper. It's also good to move the chassis-side end of the top links inside for triangulation but it wouldn't work with this TCS chassis. (Does work with the stock plates and eliminates side to side swing.)

Stock wheels and full sag for now.

DE2C5E93-F202-4041-8497-D603715E98C0.jpg

6648F6BB-3EE0-4827-8FA0-DAB657C7882B.jpg

51260B81-57DA-433C-A6B0-822F8BE929D0.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. Most people still post general micro crawlers under losi micro because they are similar enough. You'll see a few builds there and in the micro scale forum

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back