• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Shapr3D Design Software

Tossedman

RCC Addict
Has anyone tried out Shapr3D? Works only on an iPad with an Apple Pencil. It’s based on the same Siemens Parasolid engine as SOLIDWORKS. I've just started messing around with it and so far I like what I see. Seems very intuitive and there are lots of tutorials on YouTube as well. There is a free version as well as a paid version.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fes-sFWWp74" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Do you have to use the Apple Pencil? If so I'm out. I'm not paying $100 for a stylus.

Yup, only works with the Apple Pencil. It's all priorities I guess. How many thousands of dollars do you have tied up in toy trucks?

Right now a lot of us use Fusion360 which is free for hobbyists. If you already have an Apple Pencil and iPad then that's fine but that same money could go towards another truck upgrade.

I've got both the pencil and the iPad and get the education version of Shapr3D for free so upfront there's no cost to me. I'm not putting down Fusion 360, it's great and the price is right. My question was, has anyone else tried Shapr3D.

Last edited:
Back