• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Servo twitching like crazy

jeepersnova76

It seems to twitch more when i varely turn the servo and doesnt like precise movements. Can i fix this? Or do i need to buy a new servo?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

What brand servo and what brand radio and what rig is it going in too

I have a radio brand name dumborc it dosent like some servos
Some brands are jumpy when used with cheap radios
Also some radios have a gyro or active vehicle control that could.cause a problem like what your discribing
It could be electronic noise if your reciver/antena is to close to other wires or next to the motor
If you have a rtr with a rtr servo it might have pooped on ya sometimes if your end points arent set right you can overheat the servo causing glitching or burn it out completely
Also you can brown out a servo if there isent enuff voltage to run it
Having some information will help

Last edited:
Having a extra servo on hand isent a bad idea and a servo tester is a nice tool to have around if for nothing else you can find center and install your servo horn with out hooking it up to your esc
Also i have had servos that were bad out of the box i had 1 burned out my esc so i test all my servos before hooking them up to my escs

What brand servo and what brand radio and what rig is it going in too

I have a radio brand name dumborc it dosent like some servos
Some brands are jumpy when used with cheap radios
Also some radios have a gyro or active vehicle control that could.cause a problem like what your discribing
It could be electronic noise if your reciver/antena is to close to other wires or next to the motor
If you have a rtr with a rtr servo it might have pooped on ya sometimes if your end points arent set right you can overheat the servo causing glitching or burn it out completely
Also you can brown out a servo if there isent enuff voltage to run it
Having some information will help
I think it might be bad then, its a rtr and evrrythings stock on it, its a Marlin Crawler trailfinder 2. Ive recently gotten the truck wet so that also might be the issue (i think its said to be waterproof, i could be wrong).

I really didn't care for the stock servo in the tf2. I replaced it with a $15 Amazon 20kg ds3218 mg which was better but still meh. Running a 3bros direct power in that rig now... very happy with it. Never got the stock servo wet but it just wasn't strong or smooth enough for my taste.

I really didn't care for the stock servo in the tf2. I replaced it with a $15 Amazon 20kg ds3218 mg which was better but still meh. Running a 3bros direct power in that rig now... very happy with it. Never got the stock servo wet but it just wasn't strong or smooth enough for my taste.
Do you have a link for the 2nd servo you said?

Ya ive had wet servos act like that but it usualy went away pretty quick once it dryed out

Sounds like your gona need a upgrade what ever the issue is rtr servos are usualy only good for a few runs some last for ever but most of the time there short lived

Last edited:
I have had two name brand servos act like this ... (savox & nsdrc) the servo has to be centered mechanically and in the program or it will lose its center position and could lead to continuous rotation to either side sorta like a winch servo. Both companies took care of them under warranty and came back to work as they should. Not sure if this is the case ... as mentioned could be something related to tx/rx interference or giro in the receiver... some giro ready rx can be deactivated.

Back