• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Servo torque issue

Tlower

Steering servo turns normal both ways, but has a lot more torque while turning to the right. To the left I can hold the wheel and keep it from turning, where I can not stop it from turning to the right. Once it is turned all the way to the left it holds strong just fine. Any ideas? Never had this happen before.

I'll bet if ya give us more information one of the smarter people on here will know what's up
Like what you have already done or tried to do
What brand and model servo
And what radio your using it might be a radio setting ?
And what rig it's on
Oh we love pictures lol it is a forum post up lol

Yeah a picture of the servo horn when centered would help. EDIT: and 2 pictures at full lock each direction.

If the horn is not centered (or close to centered) when the wheels are centered you can end up with more mechanical leverage on one side compared to the other. The closer the horn and the drag link get to being inline with each other the less torque will be transmitted.

Last edited:
Which servo ?
What voltage is it fed and what are the voltage requirements for that servo ?
Are you using a BEC ? Or is the voltage supplied by the receiver ?
What radio ? What receiver?

Lots of questions before a proper guess can be made.
But it is likely a simple answer.

We can already deduct it's not faulty gears. Because you already visually inspected those.
And stated that they were fine. So it has to be an electrical or possibly a transmitter settings issue.

Is the servo horn centered and does it return back to center normally,
when one lets go of the transmitter's wheel or stick (if you have that) ?

Make sure your servo horn is engaging the servo's output gear properly.
Does your transmitter have servo endpoint adjustments ?

Last edited:
Back