• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

rccrawler6911

Rock Stacker
I have a AE-2 ESC and a AX-3 controller and I have the stock axial servo..
when I turn my controller and truck on my servo goes all the way to the right and stays there and I have no steering at all :/
Please help its no fun having my rig not running :((

Check the connections and wiring. I have noticed that if a servo gets power but not a signal, it generally will travel to one extreme or the other.

It's usually a plug issue when that's happening. if you have a multi meter, you can pull the back of the servo case off and check continuity from the plug to board. From there, try swapping the esc/servo channels in the receiver. Unplug one of the motor leads so you don't make the truck drive and see if that changes things. Pay attention to the lights on the ESC as well. They will flash red/green for forward back. Turn the steering wheel back and forth and see what you get. Then trigger forward/back and see if that steers. You'll probably want to pull the screw out of the servo and let it center up without being connected to steering for testing.

It's usually a plug issue when that's happening. if you have a multi meter, you can pull the back of the servo case off and check continuity from the plug to board. From there, try swapping the esc/servo channels in the receiver. Unplug one of the motor leads so you don't make the truck drive and see if that changes things. Pay attention to the lights on the ESC as well. They will flash red/green for forward back. Turn the steering wheel back and forth and see what you get. Then trigger forward/back and see if that steers. You'll probably want to pull the screw out of the servo and let it center up without being connected to steering for testing.

Okay so If I don't wanna go through all that trouble cause my servo is Plastidipped can I just buy a new servo and be done with it?

Probably...worse case is you end up with a better servo. You could still switch the ESC/servo channels around to check the connection on the ESC

Okay I did that and my servo still works so where good but I forgot to unplug a motor lead and now I have no forwards or reverse.... FML

False alarm i fixed it haha,
I guess im buying a new servo... does anybody know how good the traxxis e-max high torque waterproof servo's are?

Back