• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Servo Causing issue with Receiver

w0pgk

So, I have a Spektrum DX4C and a Savox SC-0251

Yesterday, while wheeling on some rocks, the RC just stopped responding and the ESC started beeping like I was no longer connected to my receiver.

After doing some troubleshooting, what I discovered was, while the steering servo was plugged into the receiver, the receiver lost connection to the remote. As soon as i unplugged the servo, I regained connection and everything worked, minus the servo of course.

Besides the obvious, I need a new servo, has anyone run into this problem, and does anyone know what may have happened here?

Thanks.

Last edited:
You don't necessarily need a new servo, but you definitely need an external BEC to run it. Savox servos are a bit more power hungry and need their own power source.

RX's weren't designed to handle heavy loads from crawler servos. Wire the + from the bec directly to the servo. Wire the - to the servo and rx.

I just had a servo winch do the same thing to me. When it was plugged in the receiver wouldn't power on like a safe mode or something. As soon as I removed the winch everything worked fine. That was with the srs4210 receiver.

I tried it with a different truck which has a sr410 receiver and as soon as the receiver got power the servo would glitch and start spinning and I had no throttle. Once removed everything went back to normal.

I believe my servo winch got water damage and the pot went bad.

In your case I would start from scratch, set all Trims to zero and rebind the radio/receiver together. Once that's done try plugging in the servo

I ended up just replacing the servo. I may try to warranty the old one since it is only a month old. Still not 100% sure why it would have failed.

Back