• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

Senton BLX Wear and Tear Replacements

AnimalHippie

RCC Addict
Hey guys, have been running packs through my Senton BLX 3s pretty regularly lately since that is the only rig that keeps my little man’s attention (2.5yrs old) for more than 2 mins. I’m starting to notice some wear and tear items getting some slop. I’m creating this post because I can’t find a straight answer anywhere else.

I have done a few upgrades. New servo, better cooling fans, HR motor plate and some free mods to help keep debris and sand out of the spur/pinion area.

I have pulled the shock shaft out of the spring cups a few times now. I have reglued them but I know that is only going to work for awhile. So shocks are definitely on the list. Budget friendly good options are what I’m hunting.

I’m looking for the best rod end pivot ball options. I’m starting to see a bunch of slop in most of the stock ones. Especially in the front end.

Other than that I really have had no issues with this thing. It surely takes a beating and keeps going. I have rpm replacement arms for front and rear sitting in the drawer, but haven’t had a reason to change those yet.

I will be putting a new body on before too long. Duct tape will only hold the cracks together for so long. Any suggestions on basher body brands to stay away from due to their plastic being brittle? The stock body has definitely been fairly durable. From me wreaking at top speed a few times to every kid in the neighborhood wreaking it out in my front yard and everything in between.

I know allot of you guys have more than just crawlers and that advice that is given here is much better then I’ve found on other forums. Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions!

Back