• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Seeking advice on motor selection.

MAC FAB

RCC Addict
I am getting back to the tow rig truck project I have going, and will be needing a motor and esc for it. Kinda clueless when it comes to electronics. Criteria is as follows:
1. It needs to be a torque monster, capable of pulling 20 lbs.
2. Power needs to roll on smoothly, like a diesel pickup.
3. 8 mph is plenty fast, I realize gearing fulfills most of this need.
4. 3 or 4s batteries. 4s could be used on the dog fastcat trainer, perhaps a better choice for power.
5. Not looking to spend hundreds of dollars for something that gets minimal usage if at all possible.
6. Brushed or not? I have a Summit willing to be a donor for its 2 speed and electronics.

What can you guys tell me?

I second the HH Revolver L. I have one powering a 22 lb 8x8 and it doesnt break a sweat.

You will want to pair it with a beefy ESC which means not using one of the tiny ESC's that can silence the Revolver. I used a Mamba X monster but you dont need the monster version.

Awesome info. My trailer weighs about 6 lbs, got 21 lbs worth of Bombers and the tow/chase truck should be about 10 lbs. So the HH motor should be my motor of choice? How would that compare with the Summit motor/esc? Brushed, but is a brute. Not going for scale points looking underneath it, (so something like my Indy Bomber to use the Summit driveline components) just needs to pull. Out of curiosity, what makes the outrunner so great?

Back