• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX24 Brushless Spur gear and pinion gear question?

XanderBolanos

Rock Stacker
Looking to buy the spur gear and pinion to complete Furitek/TEGU/Surpass brushless build. Would prefer to purchase together from one vendor, so its mailed together.
I can only find the Yeah Racing 55t spur gear and 11t pinion together
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133800552106?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I’d buy the Hot racing Spur gear
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124264445976?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
if I could find a vendor online that offers the 11t/12t brass pinion. Can anyone can send me a link to one or tell
me if the yeah racing will work for my needs.

Always been a 1/8-1/10 guy but bought a Yeti XL this year and now trying 1/24 Scale with my SCX24’s his and hers builds.
I wish I could post pics but don’t see how to attach them.
I see someone else posted about the yeah racing combo but he did not receive a answer....

Last edited:
Well if I would have seen this just a bit sooner…. Furitek is also selling a compatible spur and pinion. The pinion in that set is a grub screw style instead of the push on one in the yeah racing set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if I would have seen this just a bit sooner…. Furitek is also selling a compatible spur and pinion. The pinion in that set is a grub screw style instead of the push on one in the yeah racing set.

I preordered the led kit from furitek but decided on HR for pinion and spur. i like furitek just wasn’t there when I needed to buy it

I just ordered the full Furitek setup. I’ll have the Lizard ESC, their brushless conversion kit, and the Komodo 1400kv motor. I’ll let you guys know how it is.

I just ordered the full Furitek setup. I’ll have the Lizard ESC, their brushless conversion kit, and the Komodo 1400kv motor. I’ll let you guys know how it is.

Do that"thumbsup"
Waiting on my dx5 pro, still deciding if I want to take advantage of its channel mixing fetaures for 4w steering

I also just got the Furitek kit: Lizard esc and their surpass mount/gear combo. I did not want to wait for the backordered motors, so I got a HobbyWing clone 1400kv. I have been searching for different pinions for the 0.5m spur, with the idea to gear up a little. I'd like to try to maintain some wheel speed, at least same as a stock truck. I know these are crawlers, but sometimes theres trail between the obstacles!

I put my Furitek kit in last night, it drives great but it does take some work to get it fitting in the truck. I cut most of the stock electronics mount out to clear the motor. You'll want a larger pinion if you're after stock-ish wheel speed on 2s, I think on 3s with a Tegu it might get there with the standard gearing. I don't trail mine so it works for me.

I got my Furitek order in today and installed it on the truck. If you already have the GammyRC surpass mount, the Furitek one isn’t worth the change. The Furitek one is also plastic sadly.

The rest of the components are really nice. The new spur and pinion are metal and use a setscrew to hold the pinion on. Also, I love that it doesn’t have the out runner sound as well.

The kit isn’t a direct fit though. Required me to cut the stock ESC tray to make room for the motor. I also had to clearance the battery tray a bit as well.

e289cf04de05442d337452d2dd81a391.jpg

Here is the cut that I had to make.

cad5697cb01ec8a7c835cc5b0e0b1c38.jpg

Here is the what the kit came with.

Back