• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Chilly20

Hey guys just did the barrage motor upgrade on my jeep scx24 with the brass motor mount from Shapeways. The motor is really Loud and is getting pretty warm. It runs like a champ though. I checked mesh and can’t find any binding. Just trying to see if it’s supposed to be that loud. I do run it hard on a pretty tough course. Any input would be appreciated.

Are you running with the front gear cover on? If so it may be that the motor shaft is hitting the cover and causing some binding.

I Figured that out last night and ended up drilling a hole for the pinion. I also noticed the spur gear rubs on the upper motor mount bolt a little.

Could also grind a tiny bit off the end of the motor shaft, just don't do it with the plastic pinion installed or you may cause it to become loose on the motor shaft due to the heat.

How are you liking the barrage motor upgrade? is it worth it? I only recently got a SCX 24 and Panda and have only found the shocks and servo to be an issue. The SCX24 is not as fast as the SCX24, but it crawls much better.

Barrage motor is definitely worth it. The added torque makes a big difference. It’s a pretty cheap mod $5-10 for the motor. I opted for the brass motor mount but I guess it works just as good drilling the stock mount. I’m also running the emax servo and the the hot racing shocks with the soft springs and some gear grease added. It’s a goat! I have some pretty difficult obstacles set up in my back yard course and from stock to what it has now it’s night and day. I recommend the milstone weights and spacers along with the Rc4wd MTR tires.The weights and wideners have made the biggest difference so far.

Back