• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

scx10 lift

Demonrocks

how would i make my scx10 higher? if i put to big of shocks on it it will strench the shafts and the long arm things.. so if i could get some help plz?

how would i make my scx10 higher? if i put to big of shocks on it it will strench the shafts and the long arm things.. so if i could get some help plz?

Don't do it!
It'll just throw off your center of gravity.

But if you do raise it with longer shocks...
Yeah, you may need to lengthen your links.
You can make links yourself
or
Add spacers
or
Add longer rod ends

You could hacked bolt a plate to each shock tower that has holes lower than stock then mount the shocks to it... raising your chassis

Last edited:
I wouldn't do it. Get it too tall and it'll just flop over instead of climb. Not to mention you'll have all kinds of other issues that you'll have to sort out.

The fact that its higher in the air makes it more tippy. no shock ill help that. Width is then your friend and the SCX10 is not too wide.

I lifted mine so it would clear 2.2s. It is a little more tippy but i weighted the wheels and its fine now. I just made a plate like johnny said. Stock shocks and links work fine as i only lifted it about 1/2 inch. I think you can buy the plates they are just y shaped plates that bolt on to the shock hoop and depending on what way you flip it it will lift or lower the chassis when you bolt the shock to it

I cant figure out how to post pics from my iphone but the y plate has two holes at the top that bolt to the holes on the sides of the shock hoop then the shock bolts on to a hole in the center of the plate that is lower than the top of the hoop. I hope this is making sense

Do you have the 3 link with the y upper links if you do then take the screw out of the axle that holds the link in place and add a piece of brake line or plastic tube (i cut off a piece of a round coat hanger and drilled it out) between the link and the axle and get a longer screw that will reach the link through the tube

Back