• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 JK - Tekin ROC 412 3100kv gearing

2-shot

Rock Crawler
I posted a question a week or so ago asking for input on gearing for my Jeep Rubicon - Tekin RS Gen 2 and Redline 13.5t.
I recently acquired a Tekin ROC 412 3100kv motor. I'm running 32p gears in my JK.
I will mainly be running trails, with minor crawling. So, I will probably want a little more wheel speed.
Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my modded TI-83 plus.

I'm close to ordering a ROC412 motor but worry about it precision compared to brushed.
The 10.5 sensored now installed may just be to high strung but I cant get near the precision the old terra claw 55t had.
My preference is brush-less sensored and castle with tekin have been my go to systems from the start.
If it maters the tekin would be matched to a mmp, a brushed the novak rooster.

I ended up putting a Tekin Gen 1 13.5 brushless in my SCX10 Jeep and I really like that motor! I have it geared 56/10 (32p gears), running on 3s. I have a Tekin RS Gen 2 esc. It gives me pretty good wheel speed, but still smooth down low.
I'm saving my Tekin ROC 412 3100kv motor for my Wraith that I'm building.

I ended up putting a Tekin Gen 1 13.5 brushless in my SCX10 Jeep and I really like that motor! I have it geared 56/10 (32p gears), running on 3s. I have a Tekin RS Gen 2 esc. It gives me pretty good wheel speed, but still smooth down low.
I'm saving my Tekin ROC 412 3100kv motor for my Wraith that I'm building.

How much time do you have on your ROC412?
I've heard there smother then the pro4, not sure what is internally different that would cause this, but nor do I understand a lot of the internal sensored brush-less motor.
I can say with a fair amount of confadence a 412 3100kv is in my near future.
In a pinch changing back to the 55t brushed rooster wouldnt take long if necessary for any reason.

I've run anywhere from 9-12t with 56t spur on 3s with RB 1.9s on my G6. I've settled on 10-11t for now. Good low speed resolution, esp. with exponential throttle curve set on the ESC, and plenty of top end. Only issue I've had with the ROC 412s is that you may to clean them out periodically to avoid dirt buildup that can cause heat issues. Probably worth opening the can every 10-15 hrs of run time and spraying out with Magnum Force to keep things clean and happy. Enjoy!

I've run anywhere from 9-12t with 56t spur on 3s with RB 1.9s on my G6. I've settled on 10-11t for now. Good low speed resolution, esp. with exponential throttle curve set on the ESC, and plenty of top end. Only issue I've had with the ROC 412s is that you may to clean them out periodically to avoid dirt buildup that can cause heat issues. Probably worth opening the can every 10-15 hrs of run time and spraying out with Magnum Force to keep things clean and happy. Enjoy!

This is just the kind of input I was after.
Thank you for your time.
If I order Monday I should have it with in a week.
Going with the 3100kv mmp combo, only thing I run 4, 5 or 6s is my gt8 or scalpel.

I also run 56/10 with the 3100kv 412. Mmp on 3s and o/d front, stock rear gears. Definitely plenty of wheel speed.

I have the Roc412 in my Wraith and am now considering one for my SCX10. The control is pretty good with the right gearing. I have it paired with an MMP.

I'm hearing opinions on 3s, while I have no issue with throwing a 3s on board I was looking more toward a 2s machine.

Back