• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

scx10 III hardbody 4runner

I have a scx10.3 bronco chassis sitting around, my goal is to fit a rc4wd 4runner body on it. I understand I'm going to have to modify the interior and links to make it fit but I'm looking to go for a stretched chassis look so I will be leaving stock links.my deal is mounting the body itself. I've looked everywhere and can't find mounts for the 10.3 to hardbody conversion. I don't want to go with magnets unless I absolutely have to. Shrink Rc said he isn't going to be making them for the 10.3 so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thanks.

Here's how I would go about in custom mounting that body.

- Set body on chassis/resting on sliders if it can.
- Line up the arches whether front or rear to center the wheels (since you're looking to run a longer wheelbase.
- Check the bumper alignments to see if you need to raise or lower the body. I like to have frame rails lined up to body bumpers if possible.
- Use some type of right angle brackets, whether plastic/printed/metal to mount to the sliders and line them up to the holes of the sides of the 4Runner.
- If there's a height difference between the mounting holes and the right angle brackets installed on the sliders, you can use washers/spacers for adjustment.

Back