• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 II Truggy Sliders - Advice?

You can make anything work but I'd try contacting wertymade and see what the dimensions are to make sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wertymade is a good brand, like that one guy said, you can make anything work, a little trimming makes it custom if there to long

How is the body mounted to the chassis? If you’re creative you can make some like I did.

793e37cb624d694e22848f900edf6069.jpg
6311677e150d7a16f3262604490af35f.jpg
410647b2cfc3fd22c2a72635b4c33014.jpg

Painted ‘em black and they’ve held up fine ever since. The two inner holes have screws and nuts that hold the skids to the body itself, while the two outer holes secure the body to the white delrin posts, which allow the body with the attached skids to be removed in one piece.

I sanded/smoothed out all rough or sharp edges and points and they work great.

You can see the screws in this pic, on the far left...

d2581ef5e7bdb4f0c8f0e0fa8de4e42a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
How is the body mounted to the chassis? If you’re creative you can make some like I did.

793e37cb624d694e22848f900edf6069.jpg
6311677e150d7a16f3262604490af35f.jpg
410647b2cfc3fd22c2a72635b4c33014.jpg

Painted ‘em black and they’ve held up fine ever since. The two inner holes have screws and nuts that hold the skids to the body itself, while the two outer holes secure the body to the white delrin posts, which allow the body with the attached skids to be removed in one piece.

I sanded/smoothed out all rough or sharp edges and points and they work great.

You can see the screws in this pic, on the far left...

d2581ef5e7bdb4f0c8f0e0fa8de4e42a.jpg

That is great work man! Thanks for sharing! Would you mind taking a pic of your rig without the body?"thumbsup"

That is great work man! Thanks for sharing! Would you mind taking a pic of your rig without the body?"thumbsup"

Thanks! Unfortunately the truck is at my other place of residence. I’ll be there this Thurs. and would be happy to take some pics of both the body with the skids attached and the chassis minus the body. I’ll post them to this thread.

Thanks! Unfortunately the truck is at my other place of residence. I’ll be there this Thurs. and would be happy to take some pics of both the body with the skids attached and the chassis minus the body. I’ll post them to this thread.

Thanks man! I'll post a pic of my ghetto body mounts as well. I want to copy what you did with your rig. My body mounts are terrible!

Thanks man! I'll post a pic of my ghetto body mounts as well. I want to copy what you did with your rig. My body mounts are terrible!

No worries. Actually, my body mounts came from SMF RC works. They came with the cage, which also came from SMF. He sells the body mounts separately also. They attach to the outside edge of the chassis rails and include the delrin posts and hardware. I believe they are around $20 +/- but don’t quote me on it. It says they are for the tamiya hilux cab, but I dont think it would be too hard to make them work with the rc4wd mojave cab. Here is a link... http://smfrcworks.webs.com/products-page-one

Perhaps if you shoot him an email he can tell you of they would work on your cab or of he can make some to work for your cab.

Last edited:
Ok, I was able to snap a few pics of how I have the body/mounts setup.

In this first pic, you can see the screw and their location which need to be removed to take the body off.

8fe1e952ea0d27184039ea00d86972e0.jpg

Heres a pic showing the location of the screw holes in relation to the delrin posts/body mounts.

ebf5c3144d0b4ea1ae2f4a01b6184bb4.jpg

Heres a pic of the body off the rig. You can see the two screws and nuts on each side that hold the “sliders” to the body. Unfortunately my led wiring prevents the body from being completely removed from the chassis but I just set it aside and haven’t had an issue.

b2d3dc87acc5473924f55420c7b513f8.jpg

Heres a pic of the rig with the body off. You can see how the SMF mounts secure to the body and how the delrin posts sit.

d6d4ef45924b8499c762c442f0a319e0.jpg

I’ve been asked about whether the two side trays have to be removed or not, and I believe they do have to be removed in order to place these mounts on the chassis rails. I’ve seen some pretty creative modding on this site so it wouldn’t surprise me to see some achieve keeping the side trays in conjunction with these mounts. Obviously if you remove the side trays you’ll need to get creative in regards to how you’re going to mount your rx, esc etc.

Hope these pics help.

Ok, I was able to snap a few pics of how I have the body/mounts setup.

In this first pic, you can see the screw and their location which need to be removed to take the body off.

8fe1e952ea0d27184039ea00d86972e0.jpg

Heres a pic showing the location of the screw holes in relation to the delrin posts/body mounts.

ebf5c3144d0b4ea1ae2f4a01b6184bb4.jpg

Heres a pic of the body off the rig. You can see the two screws and nuts on each side that hold the “sliders” to the body. Unfortunately my led wiring prevents the body from being completely removed from the chassis but I just set it aside and haven’t had an issue.

b2d3dc87acc5473924f55420c7b513f8.jpg

Heres a pic of the rig with the body off. You can see how the SMF mounts secure to the body and how the delrin posts sit.

d6d4ef45924b8499c762c442f0a319e0.jpg

I’ve been asked about whether the two side trays have to be removed or not, and I believe they do have to be removed in order to place these mounts on the chassis rails. I’ve seen some pretty creative modding on this site so it wouldn’t surprise me to see some achieve keeping the side trays in conjunction with these mounts. Obviously if you remove the side trays you’ll need to get creative in regards to how you’re going to mount your rx, esc etc.

Hope these pics help.

thanks for sharing man! i really appreciate it. i really like those SMF RC Works Cages. If i hadnt spent a fortune on my RC4wd cage i would get that one. i really like the smf rc works mounts better too. did you order your cage directly from them or from ebay? ive heard horror stories about smf not being responsive to customers after paying so ive been hesitant.

thanks for sharing man! i really appreciate it. i really like those SMF RC Works Cages. If i hadnt spent a fortune on my RC4wd cage i would get that one. i really like the smf rc works mounts better too. did you order your cage directly from them or from ebay? ive heard horror stories about smf not being responsive to customers after paying so ive been hesitant.

Yeah, I’m glad I went the SMF route rather than on something else. Their quality is great and integrating the cage/body mounts was a no-brainer. No regerts, whatsoever!

Last edited:
Back