• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 II Range Rover Build.

mattbhm

Hello everyone!

This is going to be my build thread for our new truck, I will post updates with everything that happens(or try to).

Right now all we have done is decide we want to build an SCX10 II, and ordered the body. This is the body we ended up choosing.

We are going for as much of scale build on this SCX10 II as we can. The body will be done up in as much detail as we can get. We will be getting the 2 speed transmission conversion, I'd love some opinions on that.

This is not going to be a fast project, as it is order items as we can afford them. With that said, it's not going to take a year or anything like that(I hope anyways!)

The next thing we are going to get is the chassis/electronics, which I have some questions about.

We are getting the Raw Builders Kit, are they any necessary upgrades that need to be done right off the bat? This is not going to be a comp truck, just a trail/backyard fun crawler. I want to know before I order the kit so I can order the parts(if any are needed) at the same time.

What electronics are recommended? Don't care about waterproof or brushless. We just want high torque for climbing and trailing. We don't want it slow but torque is #1. Would like to order from HobbyKing(add to an existing order for shipping) but not necessary by any means.

That's really all I have now, I will update when the body comes and let you guys know how it is.

Thanks!

I personally use the HobbyWing WP 1080 brushed ESC and 35-45t motor. Sometimes you can find a combo on eBay for $60-80. It is small, waterproof, easy to program and tweak. I have several of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally use the HobbyWing WP 1080 brushed ESC and 35-45t motor. Sometimes you can find a combo on eBay for $60-80. It is small, waterproof, easy to program and tweak. I have several of them.

Thank you for the info! I will check them out now, that is definitely cheaper then the combos I was seeing recommended!

PowerHobby has 45t or 35t with WP1080 $49.99+$4.99 ship (eBay)

Yep, just found it! At that price, seems like it would be hard to go wrong. If the motor burns out, just throw a new one in. Even if that happened to the ESC.

Any ideas on servos? We'll need one for the main steering servo but also one for the transmission.

Thanks for the help!!

I have used the black can motor for quite awhile. I don’t mind buying them cheap and keeping them on hand. I once spent good money on a TekinHD and killed it after running through some mud. So I go the cheaper route. It a hobby after all.

As far as servos I use PowerHD LW series servos. They come in 20kg (229oz) ,23kg (250oz) and 25kg (319oz). They are strong, waterproof and have been reliable.

I second the PowerHd 20kg servo and Hobbywing 1080 esc.

My buddy has been running both for a while now with no issues.

Edit: Last fall he broke a gear in the servo on the trail.

He is running 2.2 Duratrax Deepwoods and has a lot of miles on the setup.

Back