• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 II project

maverick67

Pebble Pounder
This is my latest SCX10 II rig. I've always liked the Deadbolt body so jumped at the chance of getting a second hand one. It started off as a Wrangler CRC RTR, so I can't claim to have "built" it. My aim here was to put together something as light as possible but with enough weight in the right place (upfront) for max performance. Total RTR weight including battery and body is almost exactly 5lbs. Besides my usual manufacturers of choice (VP, SSD, CC), this is my first time to use so many Samix parts in a build mainly because they had parts in green to match my overall color scheme. I must say that I like the design of their parts and they feel like quality. I chose to go with their knuckle/lockout brass weights system so that I can add weight only when absolutely necessary. Definitely a step above most other Chinese parts so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. I have another SCX10 II that is about 7.5lbs and I can already feel the huge advantage light weight gives to climbing ability. Although it has significantly less weight up front in absolute terms, the fact that it weighs less overall means that the tires don't need as much traction to pull the rig up on a climb. I'm still working to setup the suspension properly. Here are some pics thus far.... All comments and suggestions welcome.

Parts used:

HH PP 2200kv stubby
CC Mamba Micro X
CC 10A BEC
3S 850mah lipo
Hitec 7950TH
Samix and SSD titanium links
SSD D hole steel beadlocks
PL TSL XL tires
Samix C-hubs, knuckles, front shock towers, rear lockouts
Samix knuckle/lockout brass weights front/rear
RPM rear shock towers (soon to be Samix)
Samix AL and SS hollow balls
Traxxas revo rod ends
Axial aluminum Icon shocks (from a kit)
Incision hardened transmission gears
VP servo clamps
Pitbull servo horn
VP brass knuckle bushings
MIP front drive shaft, stock rear shaft
Poison Spyder brawler bumper up front, Wrangler CRC unlimited bumper for rear (front to rear swap)
Titanium hardware (almost) throughout

8oVZfa6TxruB3HXzoa3pck_PZK0WWCKS29ez3aHeoOBA_VRjQ37ZhjV-23edZxObW1wRriwdWAxYpVKVX8mYljkLDcFwWQhpS81IlKLmZsPXnLvzgcUqsrFdjX2BroMNyLw45btYNA

D7tXLCMAaZ9CUoidL92Blo42Gcc8l42EtIXYb1fYUrTd3ksoY__frXtFPPuALT9E-eEKyWhKDiSLRQou21eZZCQkgbawrkquH3EtE4EZkT_ra5CuocJAdvu6LXwLkXnJiDzgrVWG2A

egHtWFnqAFzTW4DZ-Lu10r6FdRqu4QYWh34n99QhWHfXr2VKIrPMtRho7z7oVB6cW-Xae2fIR5ocx4w7UtTh3gCPVNioxDKXTrQY5yumsgR8EPM9J_OdP6JZt5vN1qTd-3AHpMrl1g

yyzjyTIMyPymjgPZbUr_FQ5AKxCx6VPbQWJnXWLlmppkjKeHDc9oYcHCIFguXby4tnCOUi8FGEyLKpRDZA9vtiUw_LsESEkX3xjfm1H3iiDgsnf2NDMDtQxRAjG2oVssfV770I3RnQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Back